Super Bike Mag gives busa bad rap?

98vobra

Registered
Did anyone read the latest issue of superbike? It has a comparo of 4 hyperbikes the Honda Blackbird, the kawasaki zx12r, the BMW k1200s and the busa, the busa took 2nd to the BMW but they didn't say anything good about it realy. They said it is time for a revamp. They also said it was only slighly faster then the bmw and that the ZX was faster than the busa. The main thing they complained about on the busa was the breaks and the shield(it does suck).

I just bought my first busa and I love it, I love the look and the power, I could ride it all day. Those of you who have had the busa for a while does the ZX realy stand a chance? I like the BMW but for the money the busa is a better bike in my book. But they didn't factor in price. They just said the breaks and the chassis are better on the bmw.

What are your guys thoughts? I think I bought the right bike I just hate reading bad #### right after I bought the bike.

Take the review with a grain of salt...the Busa is a proven bike and many owners will tell you that it kicks ass in the stock form.

Take everyone here @ Hayabusa.org and add up the seat time..I bet it will be in the millions of miles. That is millions of miles of experience. How many miles do you think Superbike put on the Busa that day? How much time has the reviewer really spent on each bike in the review?

The Busa's history speaks for itself...a crapy bike dont go unchanged for 6 years.

Yeah, the ZX is definitely a formidable competitor. Busa vs. ZX: the better rider will win. As for the BMW being better than both the Busa and the ZX, that's a freaking joke! Sure it has adjustable suspension crap, but it nowhere near as fast as the busa or the 12.

You bought a fantastic bike.  It's been in production for 6 years and sells out every year.  A few minor changes have been made to it through its run but nothing big (why fix what isn't broke
smile.gif
 ).  You picked the right bike IMO.  As far as being the fastest top speed, it still holds the title.  As far as being the quickest, I think it's in the riders hands now.

<!--EDIT|Bergster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126756249 -->

Dont worry...I bought a 2005 Busa, and I sold my 2004 zx12r to do so.

Dont get me wrong, the zx is absolutely just as fast as the busa. But I am more comfortable on the busa for now.

Did anyone read the latest issue of superbike? It has a comparo of 4 hyperbikes the Honda Blackbird, the kawasaki zx12r, the BMW k1200s and the busa, the busa took 2nd to the BMW but they didn't say anything good about it realy. They said it is time for a revamp. They also said it was only slighly faster then the bmw and that the ZX was faster than the busa. The main thing they complained about on the busa was the breaks and the shield(it does suck).

I just bought my first busa and I love it, I love the look and the power, I could ride it all day. Those of you who have had the busa for a while does the ZX realy stand a chance? I like the BMW but for the money the busa is a better bike in my book. But they didn't factor in price. They just said the breaks and the chassis are better on the bmw.

What are your guys thoughts? I think I bought the right bike I just hate reading bad #### right after I bought the bike.
The feel... the charisma... the comfort, the status... The Busa was , is and will continue to be the king!!

Opinions... opinions ... they constantly roll. I luv my busie! Brakes are way better when u swap to steel or carbon lines though. Brembo complete if u can afford it.

Comparing a Busa to a BMW K1200 is like comparing a Ducati to Buell. One looks like a sport bike and one really is! If i need to tell you which is better, then you deserve a Buell or BMW.

I BELIEVE THAT THE BUSA HAS ALL THE CAPABILITIES WRAPPED INTO ONE. COMFORT, SPEED, EXCEPTIONAL UNIQUE LOOKS, RELIABILITY, SOMEWHAT DOCILE, AND LASTLY, AFFORDABLE. NEED I SAY MORE. YOU MADE THE RIGHT DECISION. TRUST US! YOU WON'T REGRET IT IN THE LONG RUN.

Revamp/reschmap....My '02 XX is basically the same bike as it was in '97 as is the current one only sold overseas except for FI and some improvements to the LBS. And it doesn't feel like it needs a revamp.

I love my busa! I know I made the right choice just wanted to see what you guys who have had the bike for a while thought. I smile every time I ride it, For that mater every time I see it in my garage!

Take the review with a grain of salt...the Busa is a proven bike and many owners will tell you that it kicks ass in the stock form.

Take everyone here @ Hayabusa.org and add up the seat time..I bet it will be in the millions of miles. That is millions of miles of experience.   How many miles do you think Superbike put on the Busa that day?  How much time has the reviewer really spent on each bike in the review?  

The Busa's history speaks for itself...a crapy bike dont go unchanged for 6 years.
HELL YES......you are exactly right. I dont care what other bike comes out. I'm always keepin my bus.

Theyre all fine bikes, I really wasn't looking but I bought my '05 'busa brand new for $9500, I couldn't resist. Best bang for the buck hands down. I personally think the look of the Hayabusa is a lot nicer than the Kawi, it can't be argued the Kawi is a total rocket ship. The BMW while nice is way too much money for me, I believe its close to double the other bikes. The brakes on the Suzuki are not that good, the finish is nothing to rave about, and the front shield is lacking, but these are small items in the large picture, as I said for the money you can't go wrong. I laugh to myself when I think this $9500 vehicle will put a whooping on sports cars costing $100,000 and better.

like ive said ..one day there will be a faster bike.. i have rode many bikes and think they all have qualities to them, i like the busa for many other reasons other than the title it has been given, and will long after
biggrin.gif

I read that issue. In the context of their testing requirements the BMW won. For the long ride it had better wind protection and heated grips to keep their journalistic hands nice and warm. They also liked the brakes....a lot! That's it. That the Busa came in second in that context says A LOT about a proven seven year old design. But what I don't get is they say that the Kaw is faster? Look at the performance stats....it wasn't quicker or faster anywhere. The Bus was faster on top and got their quicker. They say the Beem was almost as fast....BS! That turd did 169 on top! I guess their definitions of quick and fast differ from ours. Anyway it was a good article overall and if they would have taken price/value into real consideration the Bus would have won!

Back