Suggestions for the Site

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
I think it would be cool if we had a place on the site dedicated to all the bonafide jokes the members of the board post.

Some days, I'd like to simply go to the 'jokes' section and spend some time laughing and sharing.
=================================================================
The other thing which I think might be useful would be to 'date stamp' the threads.

As I'm looking through the list of unread posts, it'd be beneficial to see when the thread was actually launched. Maybe it could go under the name of the person who started it.
=================================================================
I really love the .oRg, and it's fine the way it is...but I'm thinking of what others may like to see, as well...

Anyone have any comments about my ideas?

zzwhip.gif

Scar and runeight, I think that is a great idea... I like all of Scars suggestions, and runeights too,but I guess we just have to wait and see what the cAp says...
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Possibly even sub-divide the jokes section into "Family" and NSW (password protected).

Hm.

Anyway, everyone who commented on my ideas...thanks for not 'flaming' me.
laugh.gif
!

The other thing which I think might be useful would be to 'date stamp' the threads.  

As I'm looking through the list of unread posts, it'd be beneficial to see when the thread was actually launched.  Maybe it could go under the name of the person who started it.
That is kind of already there. Hover the mouse over the thread title in any list and it will tell you the day the thread was started.

cap1.jpg

joke section would be kinda cool, for those times that we all need a little quick pick-me-up, that would be awesome. I don't know how hard it would be to do, but I do agree with a password protected NC17 section, not to dirty up the site by no means, but a place to put "borderline" and above in, as in jokes, pics(non-xxx pics, there are plenty of other sites for that)etc. by any means, this board is awesome as it is
beerchug.gif

Yeah...kind of.

I still think it would be of benefit to me, so maybe to others as well to have a permanently visible date attached to the thread link. It's easier to scan a list of dates than it is sit, hovering with your mouse.

I actually replied to a post which was almost exactly to the date three years old. While I was able to make fun of myself for doing it (sparing any further embarassment), I wouldn't have launched with great exhuberance into the subject of a local meet & greet which had occurred three years prior. I still laugh about it.

Again, these are just ideas. As the 'ghost' said, and as I fully agree, this place is awesome just as it is...it's just my nature to see where improvements can be made wherever I go, whatever I do.

So far, all very positive feedback...but it's up to the Commanding General, Cap!

Thanks again for the comments, etc.

Back