Need some help, need your suggestions for the site..

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Hey folks... We have had the new front page on the server now for some time and have made a little progress but I want to really move on this for 2012. I need you guys to help me find topics that we need to "promote" into articles. If you go to the main part of the site hayabusa.org you will see what I am talking about, we have a section for safety, track, drag strip, Meet n Greets and how to's I need you guys to tell me what threads you think would be good to put into those catagories... Can you guys post some links in this thread and tell me where you think it should go! I can make new catagories too so let me know....

cap

Chicks & Bikes :hide: Road rescues, Group rides, pinned stuff, I donno, it needs work :poke: Any way to stream Pandora over some vids or something:cheerleader:

Chicks & Bikes :hide: Road rescues, Group rides, pinned stuff, I donno, it needs work :poke:

I know it needs work, I need articles to put and it will come together, what info would be good to pass on to a new guy or something that you might need to look up some day

Hot half naked chicks with bikini bent over a Busa with some text on the bottom "We got what your looking for!" "register to view forums" you will have to put up fence to keep them out or at least charge admission. :laugh:

how bout a zx-14 thread? that way i wont have to look at it every time i go into the general discussion threads. i actually think the site works great other than that. have no trouble finding what im looking for, etc.

ZX 14?, Thats just wrong.... How about who is getting the likes or something, who is banned, it's supposed to be a high level snapshot? Details are a layer deeper

Actual ideas from me even though I'm not a member...
1 - Display the "minutes" of most recent meetings.
2 - An "Events" page to post when/where the next ride/BBQ/whatever will be.
3 - Member emails??: soandso@srock.com
4 - This may be a little tough to do or expensive to get, but a little motorcycle racing game (in java or flash?) would be cool. Something along the lines of Sega's old "Hang On" or a top down view.
5 - A "Work Bench" page where members can write articles with pics about what mods they've done/did/are doing to their bikes.
6 - "Monthly Member Profile". This would go a little more in depth on the members. Not just a quick bio page.
7 - Favorite roads with directions to them from N/E/S/W locations. Granted.
8- Member reviews of product they have/currently own. ie: Jackets, pants, gloves, bikes, etc.
9 - A links page of course.
10 - Pics page for each ride you go on. Also post any video footage on this page to keep everything in order.

That's all I can think of for now but I know there's a crapload more stuff that can go on the site. Good luck all you cool guys and I hope the site turns out well.

A Northern CA Forum. CA is a big state so when you combine AZ and CA it's just not Appealing to the Northern CA Riders. I would love to post rides for my Nor-CAL Busa Brothers but my post usually gets lost with all the others

Robert

Okay so we have gone just a tad off topic... I was really looking for threads that have been started in the forum that we can just promote to the new main page.. Are there any threads out there that you think would be good to have there....

Robert, I can get you a Cali section.....

Okay so we have gone just a tad off topic... I was really looking for threads that have been started in the forum that we can just promote to the new main page.. Are there any threads out there that you think would be good to have there....

Robert, I can get you a Cali section.....

A Northern CA section would be nice. I know a lot of Nice Roads out here.

Thanks Doug !!

hey cap how about a "trending now" list that has the hotest topics on the board

What about a SOS spot. I know almost anyone on here would help a brother or sister in need. But what if there was a Google map that had people's location that were willing to help.

Idk. You know if you break down or need a ride or something. You pull up the org. Find someone close and call them up. Maybe there could be a list of standards, like ..

*can lodge
*have trailer
*mechanically inclined
Etc...

I know its a weird world out there and most people's don't want people they meet on the internet staying out there house.. just thinking.

Doug, I would start with the pinned threads:

How about Blanca's "HOW TO REMOVE GEN II Fairing thread (didn't go look for the linky"
Tufbusa's "so you want to get you knee down"
and, of course, the "TEAM GIXXER SMACKTALK THREAD" under humor !
:moon:

Doug, I would start with the pinned threads:

How about Blanca's "HOW TO REMOVE GEN II Fairing thread (didn't go look for the linky"
Tufbusa's "so you want to get you knee down"
and, of course, the "TEAM GIXXER SMACKTALK THREAD" under humor !
:moon:

Good call Keith

I'll give you another one if you come back out of the kitchen and come back on chat :)

Back