Stupid move - Forgot to reconnect seat/cap release

NJ 08 BlkGrey

Registered
Ok ... so tonight while installing a undertail kit as well as smoked tail light and turn signal covers I forgot to reconnect the latch/cable for the seat/cap release.

What are my options? I gave it a quick once over, but came up with no obvious way to get the seat off or a way to reconnect the cable without getting the seat off.

Not a huge deal. But my insurance card is under there and if I need to work on it again I'll need to get it off.

Thanks.

Try a search. Been done many times.

thumb_up.gif

r8

Not sure about the '08s, but try removing the driver seat and seeing if you can push the hump/passenger seat back and release the hooks. That may give you enough room to get an arm back there and push the latch and pop it up.

I'm not sure about the 08 either, but why do ppl insist on taking the dang cable off when they can just take out the 2 phillip head screws off and take the whole latch off the subframe. This way you can never screw up.....

I'm not sure exactly what the fix is but this has happened to many before. +1 on doing a search for this subject and the fix.

Thx guys. Did a search after posting this. Most of the threads were a bit dated, but hopefully something I got out of them can help.

I've never done this before, however, from here on out I'll take precautions lol

Maybe try the old coat hangar trick to grab the latch mechanism and actuate it... just a thought. Just don't get too upset and scratch anything in the process.. good luck on getting it open...it can be done
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Maybe someone can post up a good pic of it so you'll at least have an idea where to unlatch it.
I'm assuming you have an 08 Gen II

I'm not sure about the 08 either, but why do ppl insist on taking the dang cable off when they can just take out the 2 phillip head screws off and take the whole latch off the  subframe. This way you can never screw up.....
+8 ba-billion..... if thats even a number. I've had mine off over 100 times and never disconnected that cable..... simple screwdriver and a couple bolts and I've never had this problem....
deadhorse.gif

Update:

I fixed it. It took two of us, but it wasn't bad. Since the seat was on and the seat is a bit pliable, one of us was able to pull the edge of the seat up enough that the other could slide a thin pick in the gap and grab the latch. Took about 10 mins. Had the hump been latched on and not the seat, I'm not sure what would have worked best.

Back