I finally did it..stupid stupid stupid

sounds like a real nut roll to fix..... glad to hear you found a workaround.

Ive been there many times brother... Its easier if you have the hump mod bc you just twist the 1/4 turns and the hump comes off.

1. remove frt seat
2. remove spacer of tail section that has the stupid button pins (not easy since they are covered by hump) this will give you a little more hand rm.
3. take a large screwdrvr and force the big plastic hooks in the frt of the hump back and to the side so you can muscle the frt of the hump UP. This will give you more hand rm.
4. once the hooks are now on TOP of the metal loops that receive the hooks take a 1/4" rachet and remove the frt bolt of the latch mechanism hooked to the hump (tight fit) gives you a little more rm.
5. reach around left side of mechanism and feel for the little loop that the cable ball goes in and PUSH HARD to the right.

NOTE TO ALL: PUT TAPE OVER HOLES

I might be next, and have made good mental notes of your method. Very nice! I have a solenoid hooked in there for remote pops (in case of disaster)....don't ask where the button is....:mwink:

BTW, tape over what holes?

Last edited:
I have a Hot Bodies Undertail coming this week for my 2005 Gen I. Will this cable latch apply to me...will I need to do anything when installing the new undertail?

I have a Hot Bodies Undertail coming this week for my 2005 Gen I. Will this cable latch apply to me...will I need to do anything when installing the new undertail?

It's the stock cable and latch that holds the hump down. To remove the tailsection, you will need to unhook it, so remember to hook it back up when you go back together!

don't feel too bad Chris.... my sis-in-law's Busa didn't HAVE a key mechanism... and that is how you had to open it ALL of the time.

did you feel like this ?

pissed.gif

Nothing for nothing, but why do you azzhats continue to remove the cable? Take out the 2 phillips head screws that hold the whole lock mech. in place! WTF is wrong with you?:whistle:
Remind me to not let you werk on my bike!

If I had no luv 4 u, i'd slap u upside teh head chris

Last edited:
Nothing for nothing, but why do you azzhats continue to remove the cable? Take out the 2 phillips head screws that hold the whole lock mech. in place! WTF is wrong with you?:whistle:
Remind me to not let you werk on my bike!

If I had no luv 4 u, i'd slap u upside teh head chris

The same way one might forget to hook the cable back up, one could forget to screw the latch back on...trust me...I can get very creative in screwing up!

NFW...what a struggle...amazing how inventive we can get when we need to get in 'the safe'. :laugh:

Glad you got through it, Chris.

:beerchug:

The same way one might forget to hook the cable back up, one could forget to screw the latch back on...trust me...I can get very creative in screwing up!

Wrong answer! You cant forget to screw the "latch" back on because the seat or hump will never go on and lock if you didn't! Therefore, you can never lock it on without knowing... Simple!:whistle:

Wrong answer! You cant forget to screw the "latch" back on because the seat or hump will never go on and lock if you didn't! Therefore, you can never lock it on without knowing... Simple!:whistle:

How true, and idiotic of me :hehe:. Give me a moment, I'll figure out another way to screw up....:whistle:

Back