I finally did it..stupid stupid stupid

99'busa

Donating Member
Registered
I always said it would never happen to me.....

I've removed my tail section dozens of times in the last year for several dif. issues. NOT ONCE did I even come CLOSE to forgetting to reconnect the key cable:banghead:

I was tightening up a sig, was in a hurry and got complacent and threw everything back together too fast.

Let me tell you IF you have an OEM undertail you can NOT.....

1. reach under ANY side of the tail sec. and get to the lever:poke:
2. reach from frt seat. unless you have the hands and arms of a 14 y/o GIRL:poke:

How did I get it?

1. remove frt seat
2. remove spacer of tail section that has the stupid button pins (not easy since they are covered by hump) this will give you a little more hand rm.
3. take a large screwdrvr and force the big plastic hooks in the frt of the hump back and to the side so you can muscle the frt of the hump UP. This will give you more hand rm.
4. once the hooks are now on TOP of the metal loops that receive the hooks take a 1/4" rachet and remove the frt bolt of the latch mechanism hooked to the hump (tight fit) gives you a little more rm.
5. reach around left side of mechanism and feel for the little loop that the cable ball goes in and PUSH HARD to the right.

NOTE TO ALL: PUT TAPE OVER HOLES

I think everyone who disconnects that cable will eventually have the same problem.
I cut the under fairing below the mechanism, and reached in undid it and then plastic welded the cut closed with a soldering iron.
Now I know better ways. :whistle:

:laugh: I almost did a pictorial :lol: but was too worried about having to cut a hole in the undertail :whistle:

:rofl:yeah but my hands are about as big as a 14 yr old girl. I can reach in and get it unlocked very easily

NO WAY you did it that way. you have an aftermarket tail. you could probably reach between tail and undertail???

First time took me about an hour and a half
second time I could do in about 10 min.:laugh:

NO WAY you did it that way. you have an aftermarket tail. you could probably reach between tail and undertail???

Ya know the hole on the clutch side? Yeah, I can use that IF I have to but it's easier just to take off the undertail(pushpins)

Had my tail section off twice.Never unhook the cable,take the 2 screws out holding the lock down pull section off with cable and lock together.Install in reverse order.It's simple.

Back