STUNTS!!!! Whaddya say??

next

more_wheelie._1.jpg

See I waited too long again.

Ah well.  My .02.  Someone on this board once said, if you weren't riding 1/4 mile wheelies when you were twelve you probably shouldn't attempt to start when you are 35.

Very true words.  I have not yet been able to find my balance point.  That said, I have ridden wheelies through two gears on dirt and street. I find I do it best when I'm not thinking, just riding.

I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about, getting into the "Zone". Where you consistantly ride above your everyday capabilities.

My favorite was making a right from a side street onto a 3 lane divided main street. I was in second gear and lifted the front wheel about 2/3 of the way through the turn. Kept the front up exiting the turn, flicked the bike from the right to the left lane, switched into 3rd and then put the front end down.

Did it without thinking about it. If I had to do it again I'd probably make shrapnel out of my plastic.

I was getiing too confident on the mighty Busa until going throught a dip, way too fast, it lofted the front end (I'd like to think it was at 12'Oclock) without me wanting it to.

Scareeeeeed the poops out of me! I still have a crease in the seat where my butt cheeks grabbed hold!

I've been takin it easier since then.

Pacific, if you want to find your balance point, buy a unicycle and practice on that. Not kidding!

good advice, Mikey. I'd probably eat it so bad my dentist will retire a millionaire.

GNT...AWESOME shid, dood! I'm reading this shid like a sponge soakin up water! Please keep it comin, bro!!

Only thing I can do is roll in first gear 2-3k rpm, snap the trottle the fromt comes up and then maintain it until it's time to shift in 2ND. When I get there I always come back down. No matter how quick I try to poop I still end up on 2 wheels.
The other day I raced a Stang 5.0, the guy was revving at the red light. I tapped my wides left knee to signal her to hold on. Light turns green, Mustang spins its wheels I keep up with her and then lift the front wheel until I redline and come back down poop in 2nd and beat the poop out of the bike. I still was amazed how much you can accelerate on one wheel!
Yeeeeeeeeehaaaahhh!

Back