STUNTS!!!! Whaddya say??

famous last words

"HEY GUYS WATCH THIS"

322 enroute 1 mutiple broken bones lascerations and one messed up bike
sad.gif

Great tips and info, people! Still have a question, though: can anyone help me out with this so called balance point? I'm trying to go over it in my head, but I can't seem to picture it. Any tips?

Lately, I've had a bad feeling about getting the front up. I don't know why, but I figure that it's best not to push it. So in the mean time, I'm trying to over it in my head, but I can't seem to nail it.

All the advice and tips are great, people! I just wanna say thanks again and keep it comin!

^^ I don't think you can say what the exact balance point is for the next man..... you just feel it in your bones. I know when I have hit the gas too hard.... I usually hit the back brake immediately to prevent from looping over.
But I have yet to get a wheelie that lasted longer than 2 seconds. I'm still not comfortable with the power on this bike. It was easier on my GSXR. I didn't care if it dropped (never did), but for some reason, this bike is just too pretty for me to drop.

like dude said earlier, find a open lot or street and just find the balance point yourself, I know i'll get it.
because I think at 5,500 or 6,000 rpms, my bike might lift different then yours does. also weight and positioning
has so much to do with it. I haven't figured it out, but I'm working on it.

as for seeing it in your head, I do the same Pac BUS..... I visualize and then ride it out. usually when I visualize it first and then get on the bike, it just works out.
everytime i launch quickly off the line at a stop light the bike usually lifts up and If I could just get it to stay up then i'd be all good, but I can't get the timing and balancing right to keep my revs correct.

sorry if i'm blabbering.

nope, no balbbering there, T1. I understand you completely. I can't get my wheelies to hold for more than 2 secs if I'm lucky. I'm also trying to get that balance point in my head, but I can't seem to nail it.

I can hold wheelies for longer than 2 secs... but I haven't found my "balance point" yet tho.... Usually I just blip the throttle to keep it up, but hold the wheelie by speeding up too much... I end up going really fast, and then I come back down. I REALLY want to find my balance point too... It looks really cool when you see bikers just "cruising" on one wheel and still being able to control their speed
tounge.gif

Anyways, best advice I can give, is just practice. The more you do it, the higher you'll put the wheel, and eventually, you'll reach your balance point.
In the past few weeks I've noticed that I've been holding the wheelies longer cause I have gotten closer to my balance point, but I haven't pushed it too far cause I dont want to loop the bike.
A little bit more practice, and I'm sure I'll get it.

Remember, practice... The best thing you can do is practice... and you're doing a good job by not pushing it... Just keep practicing and it will come to you  
idea.gif

By the way, the BEST thing you can do to avoid comming down to hard is giving the bike some throttle when you feel that you can't hold the wheelie any more. (Make sure the front is ALREADY comming down). That way, you'll speed up a little bit more, and reduce the strength of the impact. Also, if you know that you're about to come down, chances are that there is little threat of looping the bike anyways, so you might as well give it some gas.

Good luck, look cool, and be careful
cool.gif

i work hard in keeping my Green Dragon down. Hell If I hit it hard i can flip it over on top of me. hitting it easy will get it up all day.
biggrin.gif
Practice ractice...

May sound silly but a video I was watching about wheelies said You dont learn to drive in a Ferrari so for stunts & wheelies in particular : 1st bicycle, 2nd small motorcycle or mini bike, 3rd med size motorcycle, then Big such as a Busa...

famous last words

"HEY GUYS WATCH THIS"

322 enroute 1 mutiple broken bones lascerations and one messed up bike
sad.gif
True, true & true! My dad had several bsa/norton/triumph in the 60's and my uncle just told me the story of how he got rid of the last bike after sayin the imortal words above ... thanks Jace!

another version " Look Ma, no hands ..."
wow.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

i work hard in keeping my Green Dragon down.  Hell If I hit it hard i can flip it over on top of me.  hitting it easy will get it up all day.  
biggrin.gif
Practice ractice...
sigh...if only I was as warp capable, NE. With your ride though, I can understand....then again, I'm not too sure I would want to go that fast either.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Man... Learning to do wheelies on a Busa is a really bad idea, searching for the balance point even worse... Do you know anyone with dirt bikes? Could you maybe spring for a used enduro or MX bike? I know pennies don't grow on trees but slamming your Busa onto the street could easily cost more than a used beater to practice on...

yeah, that's true, Rev. I wish I could grab one, bu tit just doesn't look like it'l lhappen anytime soon.

Hehe... Hey guys... I'm selling my SV650 for ummm... $9,000 so that I can buy a Hayabusa instead
biggrin.gif

Anyone interested
wink.gif
 - Just send an envelope full of cash to me
smile.gif

c'mon... It's a great bike to wheelie on
wink.gif

(Just joking, btw
tounge.gif
)

On a more serious note now... Buying a cheap, used bike to learn to wheelie on might not be such a bad idea... Dropping a Busa will cost you a lot of money, not to mention that it's a lot harder to control wheelies on such a heavy bike.
super.gif

wink.gif

Great tips and info, people! Still have a question, though: can anyone help me out with this so called balance point? I'm trying to go over it in my head, but I can't seem to picture it. Any tips?

Lately, I've had a bad feeling about getting the front up. I don't know why, but I figure that it's best not to push it. So in the mean time, I'm trying to over it in my head, but I can't seem to nail it.

All the advice and tips are great, people! I just wanna say thanks again and keep it comin!
The balance point. That is the toughest part of learning to wheelie. Just takes practice to get the feel for it. And an awesome feeling it is. If you bring your wheelie up and feel like your gonna flip, you stomach just drops out and the front end flies up, you probably were not smooth enough and came up too damn fast. Set it back down immediatley and try again. Baby steps, thats what you have to do. Ease into the balance point, it will feel real weird, your stomach may drop out, and you will feel weightless, you will have to cut the throttle way back but you will still be able to feel in control. thats when you got it. Also there is like 2 balance points, there is the point where you feel weightless but still must accelerate to stay up, and then there is the point where you don't have to accelerate to stay up. I myself have to accelerate a little, I can ride em a 1/4 mile for sure, but not quite a 1/2 mile. Just keep tryin. You have to be smooth and comfortable, and no the bus is not a good bike to learn to wheelie on.

good luck

The balance point.  That is the toughest part of learning to wheelie.  Just takes practice to get the feel for it.  And an awesome feeling it is.  If you bring your wheelie up and feel like your gonna flip, you stomach just drops out and the front end flies up, you probably were not smooth enough and came up too damn fast.  Set it back down immediatley and try again.  Baby steps, thats what you have to do.  Ease into the balance point, it will feel real weird, your stomach may drop out, and you will feel weightless, you will have to cut the throttle way back but you will still be able to feel in control.  thats when you got it.  Also there is like 2 balance points, there is the point where you feel weightless but still must accelerate to stay up, and then there is the point where you don't have to accelerate to stay up.  I myself have to accelerate a little, I can ride em a 1/4 mile for sure, but not quite a 1/2 mile.  Just keep tryin.  You have to be smooth and comfortable, and no the bus is not a good bike to learn to wheelie on.

good luck
Thanks, dood. I know the bus is not exactly the bike to learn on, so I'll try and take it slow.

Thanks for the tip on the balance point. I think I'll try and get my hands on a used dirtbike for now...and in the meantime, I'll be trying to work on it on my mountain bike. Gotta start somewhere, right?

At least if I wipe out on my mountain bike, it shouldn't hurt too much. Probably crash real cheap too! Does anyone else have anything to tell me? Any stunters out there?

Back