STUNTS!!!! Whaddya say??

hmm...good advice.

REV....I hear ya, bro. My fren has a old 929....but I don't think he's gonna let go of it any time soon. On top of that...I'm a little pressed for cash.

04busa....very sorry to hear about a rider going down like that. I feel you on that one...trust me.

Busafever...I guess I could do that. I just don't want it turning into a psychotic wheelie machine. It can do that on it's own....a little too well.

Please keep the advice flowing in, people! I am very eager to learn.

Onone...that sounds like some scary shid! Dood, if that's they way yer doing it, please be safe. It sounds like yer flirtin alot with a tip-over.

I don't wanna do too many wheelies in 2nd. Only because that usually means I'm nearing triple digit speeds a whole lot faster than I want to. My friend just crashed his 03 G1k...at 120mph. He's fine, so that's all that matters to me, but wow! He brought the front up (stand up) and then it started to wobble. Brought it down, started to tank slap and head straight for the median. He bailed off the bike, took some tumbles, and lived to tell about wiping out at 100+.

That's the shid I'm scared of....
blush.gif
Not bad like it must have sounded..

dood...thanks! I'm gonna save this one to my desktop so I can zoom in on it more and read. Any advice for those real slow wheelies?

Well just my $.02 cents.........

When catchin "BIGAIR" keep in mind the following. After just rebuilding a transmission, replacing bent shift forks, burnt main bearings, etc etc etc. Basically rebuilding the motor I learned alot about wheelies.

1st make sure your practicing with full gear. You look better when you dump it. Make no mistake about it. The better you become the cockier you get then you dump it.

2nd look forward to replacing your fork seals. YOU WILL come down hard at least once. In my case I came down semi hard yet into a small pot hole I was unaware was there. Fork seals, radiator mount, which caused the oil cooler to drop and rupture the line etc.

Fill your oil upto or a hair above the "F" full line. When catching big air you are literly starving the bike for oil thus burnin everything up. I know, just rebuilt it.

NOW. with your sitdowns, if your attempting them in first be very very careful as you know it whips up very fast. When you feel you nearly died and just pulled a "12 O'CLOCK" you were actually only 1-2 feet off the ground. Thats OK, get comfy with the low wheelies and steering/throtle power control. Once the control comes naturally you will find that the distance and balance point come natural. DONT FORCE IT, you will only flip it.

Im no wheelie king, I can do several distances etc and shift yada yada yada, but I DO KNOW FOR SURE REBUILDING SUCKS!

JD

GNT...thanks a bunch dood! You can bet I'll be going over this stuff to learn what I can.

Ice....great points, dood. I think you were the one that put up a post about the effects of wheelie-ing the heavy busa. The tip about the radiator and oil fan tipped me off. If you have that topic tracked, can you post the link up for me? I would like to read into that one too.

Awesome info, people....I'm still taking it all in and doing it mentally....trying to visualize it before I go out there and do it.

Practice...And don't practice on parking lots...You run out of room to soon...
evil.gif

Whoever said give it gas right before you land....THank You. I was always coming down hard and couldn't figure out why. I tried it yesterday. It came down so soft i thought i never even got her up. I'm stoked.

Wheelies are such a kick! - Wish I could do those mile long stand ups in 3rd but for me I am stickin with the 1st gear for now, for 2 reasons, I cant get used to shifting while the nose is in the air and when I land the busa is doin about 80+ mph. In 2nd gear I will probly be doin over 100 and if the front wheel gets turned a little or stops spinning ... there will probly be some serious head shake
wow.gif

And for a suggestion practice on a lonely straight road with no trees or telephone poles ... or curbs, rocks, cops ... u get the idea.

2_28_04_020.jpg

Nice pic, Hawaiibusa...
I do most of my wheelies on my SV650. I've gotten pretty good at first and second gear sit down wheelies, but I wanna start trying to do stand up wheelies and 3rd and 4th gear wheelies... (Keep in mind it's a "half-a-busa" that tops out at around 130 mph)... I don't think it'll be too hard for me to accomplish this due to the type of bike I'm riding, but for now, I'm taking it easy. I dont wanna loop the bike trying to find the "perfect balance point"...
Btw, all this advice about wheelies is excellent
smile.gif
. Keep it commin'.

Back