Stripping wheels for coating...

(heavybusa @ Jan. 12 2007,13:30)
bowdown.gif
  Rhythm  
bowdown.gif
i second that
beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

Rhythm, that looks very nice. I'm just not one to polish anything, hate actually, love it on other ppl's bike/cars though.

Well, got the majority of the paint off the wheels. Went with the liquid stripper and steel wool. I should only have to glass bead about 10min each wheel, wipe clean and then powder and bake. Also got the cush drive hub smoothed out some, and glass beaded as well, will shoot it in black, rotor centers in gold or gloss black, not sure yet.

Dayuuuum, I heard the lip comes strips easier than the center but man, I never thought it would be that hard.

Good luck!!!!

DD, my wingman Juggernaut worked with the wool and stripper bent over scrubbing for about 6hrs or so. I was busy blasting small parts of mine and another riders while our buddy Laddy was teaching himself how to paint fairings. The lips stripped so easy I couldn't believe when we hit the centers...OMG that stuff was stubborn. Hopefully I'll be baking them by noon tomorrow, followed by picture time!

(CAT3 @ Jan. 12 2007,20:44) DD, my wingman Juggernaut worked with the wool and stripper bent over scrubbing for about 6hrs or so.  I was busy blasting small parts of mine and another riders while our buddy Laddy was teaching himself how to paint fairings.  The lips stripped so easy I couldn't believe when we hit the centers...OMG that stuff was stubborn.  Hopefully I'll be baking them by noon tomorrow, followed by picture time!
Pics would be great.....looking fwd to it.

Back