strange sound sinse rear tire replace

elmejor

Donating Member
Registered
After replace rear tire a strange sound begin. I try cleaning and lube the chain (chain wax & PJ1). Also torque rear nut 72.5- 73.5. But still the same @#$# sound. Any advice,any help or where to look now.

What Kind of tire? What kind of noise?

Come on now, some folks here are pretty good, but none of them are psychic.

So, You really gotta describe what kind of tire, what type of noise, and weather the noise changes with speed or not...

Ok guys. Tire maxxi 200/55 ; Only when taking off from a full stop on 1st gear only when relese the cluth lever and no down shif problem ,no sound (at least I can't hear)during shifting. Sound like a misaligment chain/sproket, chain slack about 1/2 inch. Like a clicking sound but loud.

If I remove the rear wheel and try to separate the sproket/hub from cush drive, It should be easy? or have to make some force.???
rock.gif
mine it's really easy, just tilt the wheel to the sproket/hub side and it's out.

<!--EDIT|elmejor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102402205 -->

is not too tight and there no rubbing on the tire, but I notice too much freeplay on the sproket/hub against the cush drive not side to side against the axel.

<!--EDIT|elmejor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102602037 -->

which way front to back like the chain goes or side to side (looking from rear left to right)?
are you sure you installed the spacer between the wheel and cush drive?

Back