story on Los Angeles area SQUIDS

Pretty shameful. It's with those kinds of perspectives that all of us are judged/charged...like it or not.

Sup, Ryan? Weekend after next, I'm going try to get a group together. You interested?

Scar~

WOW what a complete waste of ink. A complete overstatement to say the least. Stunt riders are only about 2 to 5 percent of the population. I have gone to bike nights in Hollywood and they start handing out tickets as soon as folks get off the freeway heading to bikenight location. I am not saying the squildy riding is good, but these new laws will only hurt those of us that do the right things, squids are going to run anyways. I agree with the AMA, the same penalties should apply to high performance cars as well.

Funny that the story made reference to the "Ruff Riders" shutting down the 60 to put on a stunt show. LA Chapter wanted to outdo the NYC chapter. Did not mention them by name but that happened while I was living out there. CHP went nutz on sportbikes for several months after that.

That is the stereotype that we are having to deal with, and it's not going to get much better anytime soon. They will continue to stunt in an unsafe manner and the LEO's will go after anyone on two wheels.

Thanks a$$hats

Thats why some people look at us like trouble makers
guns.gif

It is sad that we get lumped in with the squids because we ride powerful bikes. I know of HD riders here that comment about speeding and breaking the law, but you don't hear PD calling for a crack down on motorcycles, just crack down on sport bikes. The few always screw it up for the many!!

the only way you are going to be able to change it is outlaw motorcycles all together. there will always be runners and people that pop wheelies and no i am not deffending them it is just the way of life. i think it stupid to act like that in traffic but you can't be pissed when something like this happens for godsake you own a HAYABUSA if said you never pushed it over three digits i would call you a lair. I am not one to ride fast or pop wheelies but i also know i have just been riding down the highway not paying attention and was near or over 100 or have been pulling out into traffic and popped the front tire off the ground. It happens and that is why we pay higher insurence then people with crusiers its the life style we live.

Interesting story. Not sure how the speeding and the stunts get lumped all into one catagory though.

This article is only a fragment. What we need to do is mount a good public relations campaign. People like to read about drama, hence the story; there will be more. The few stunters out there are such high visibility that the coverage cannot be avoided.
The number of motorcyclists on the roads keeps climbing. In LA and SoCal those numbers will continue to skyrocket due to the economic conditions with high fuel costs and year-round riding climate. Eventually, the growing group of new riders and their better behavior will dim the spotlight on sport riders.

Pretty shameful.  It's with those kinds of perspectives that all of us are judged/charged...like it or not.

Sup, Ryan?  Weekend after next, I'm going try to get a group together.  You interested?

Scar~
Only thing missing from the article was a biker name like "Scar."
laugh.gif

the only way you are going to be able to change it is outlaw motorcycles all together. there will always be runners and people that pop wheelies and no i am not deffending them it is just the way of life. i think it stupid to act like that in traffic but you can't be pissed when something like this happens for godsake you own a HAYABUSA if said you never pushed it over three digits i would call you a lair. I am not one to ride fast or pop wheelies but i also know i have just been riding down the highway not paying attention and was near or over 100 or have been pulling out into traffic and popped the front tire off the ground. It happens and that is why we pay higher insurence then people with crusiers its the life style we live.
Yes I have done the triple digits, but that is reserved for the track, or the middle of nowhere. Doing it in a controled enviroment is alright, imo, it's a whole different ball game doing it in traffic.

You cannot lump everyone who owns a powerful bike like the Busa into a catagory with the guys doing wheelies on the freeway through traffic. Just because I have the power available does not mean I have to use it.

I truely believe that the only way we can resolve all these young people stunting and running from the cops is charge for the bikes according to age. Just a thought
idea3.gif
idea3.gif

idea3.gif

Yes I have done the triple digits, but that is reserved for the track, or the middle of nowhere.  Doing it in a controled enviroment is alright, imo, it's a whole different ball game doing it in traffic.

You cannot lump everyone who owns a powerful bike like the Busa into a catagory with the guys doing wheelies on the freeway through traffic.  Just because I have the power available does not mean I have to use it.
like i said i am not deffending them and i hate having to pay high insurence because someones acts like a retard with a motorcycle i am merely saying it happens and it is the price we all have to pay and everyone is guilty of speeding or something else at some point in time even if it is an accident. You have to look at where the cops are coming from them can't tell them from you or me they put them all together. from my exp. all sportsbikes are wreckless drivers and all HD riders are drunk aholes according to most cops where i live. You are right to say it is unfair to lump all riders together but that is just the world we live in. just my
2cents.gif

super.gif
PM -->
Double D @ May 27 2008 said:
1429201[/ATTACH] PM]
I truely believe that the only way we can resolve all these young people stunting and running from the cops is charge for the bikes according to age. Just a thought
idea3.gif

idea3.gif
if you read the article it talked about a stunter that is 56. They come in all shapes and size. That would be unfair to charge younger riders with higher bike prices just because they are younger plus thats age discrimination and they are already paying higher insurence to ride
shapes and sizes
laugh.gif

silly_20photos_20300.gif

super.gif

idea3.gif

As long as you can buy 180mph bikes for under $10k you WILL have these type of people. There is no way of preventing it. The reason why cops dont go after other bikes is, they are talking about highspeed chases and stunting. You cant really stunt on a harley or outrun cops. Dont get me wrong I have seen HArley riders doo all kinds of unsafe law breaking manuevers on their bikes, go over the speed limit etc.. so it does not make them any beter, but it seems like the law enforcement wants to focus on the top shelf offenders, over 100mph standing wheelie types.

PS: Belive me as a person who got a stunting ticket due to riding with one hand and resting the other at 50mph on pacific coast highway, by no means I am a chp fan or anything...

PS: Belive me as a person who got a stunting ticket due to riding with one hand and resting the other at 50mph on pacific coast highway, by no means I am a chp fan or anything...
Yikes! I ride past LEO with only one hand all the time...usually have the left propped up on my thigh or tank...gives the impression I'm not going as fast...just casually moping along at 80 mph.
sadnews.gif

"If I were truly speeding officer would I be able to ride with only one hand?"
whistling.gif

super.gif
PM -->
Double D @ May 27 2008 said:
1429299[/ATTACH] PM]
idea3.gif

idea3.gif
if you read the article it talked about a stunter that is 56. They come in all shapes and size. That would be unfair to charge younger riders with higher bike prices just because they are younger plus thats age discrimination and they are already paying higher insurence to ride
shapes and sizes
laugh.gif
Like I said it was just a thought...... And that 56 year old is not even 1 percent of stunners out there. And I think he was demonstrating that not just young guys ride fast bikes cause right under that he says he uses his busa on the drag strip... So I don't think he stunts at all.

super.gif

idea3.gif

Back