I'm thinking target fixation?

First, on the road you should commit to every turn, you can always back off a bit and let your radius increase in the turn but look at turning as quickly as possible without increasing the danger. Second teach yourself to counter steer the bike into more lean when you feel the bike drifting wide in a turn. This is not an automatic reaction and you have to learn to react by either reducing throttle or increasing lean.

howbout a link without a 3 min commercial........:whistle:

looks like a real idiot to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
The video I saw it happened so fast target fixation not the issue. Only think that would have kept it from happening was to be in his correct lane when he came upon the truck - which is a skill and brainz issue

Last edited by a moderator:
Seven months riding, the guy just panicked. When that happens and we don't have the experience to rely on sub-conscious action which comes with time and training, there is no time to think. The correction has to happen automatically.

I am glad he is OK, recovered and lived to share his story.

Sad that a member here would call him an idiot, especially after he took the time to share for the benefits of safe riding for others. :banghead:

All of us started learning at some point and gained experience as time goes by. He was just new and in the beginning of the learning curve.

The lion's share of motorcycle fatalities occur at curves and intersections. The most dangerous of the two is curves. Why is curves so dangerous to motorcyclist?

We can blame other drivers for many intersection fatalities but that's not the case at curves. What gives?

most motorcycle fatalities occur from cars making left hand turns at intersections. so the most dangerous is the intersection not the curve. and its usually from cagers not checking the outside lane where the bike is traveling and not seen by the cager turning left. most cagers say they never even seen the bike they struck.

The lion's share of motorcycle fatalities occur at curves and intersections. The most dangerous of the two is curves. Why is curves so dangerous to motorcyclist?

We can blame other drivers for many intersection fatalities but that's not the case at curves. What gives?

Its a shame to hear that he "will probly never ride again". Gotta get back out there and improve tour riding skills. Just a basic msf course should be required for endorsement IMO.

Back