Stock Motor vs stock capacity / need help

aitch

Registered
Hi Guys im new here but have posted a little

im running with the Uk Land Speed Racing Association in standing mile events, as with so many still aiming for 200mph in the mile, my power at the moment is in the region of 180bhp fairly flat from 9000rpm to 11000 rpm

i have:-
race exhaust
large airbox / short stacks
re-mapped ecu
cut down tank
double buble screem

the 1st question is what can i do to get more power / speed for the next event which is 20th/21st august, money and time are against me here, the only thing i have planed is to re route the ram air and custom built airbox for smooth flow into the stacks and hopefully more efficient ram air

the second question
i really want to remain with stock capacity and normally aspirated, the bike will be off the road from october - april for a stripdown and rebuild what can i do to the engine at reasonable cost to get the best power from stock capacity, looking for well proven solutions as its my road bike also so cant use it as a test bed

thanks aitch:bowdown:

Power is made in the cylinder head. Cams, Headwork, 60# valve springs, and bumped up rev limiter will allow the motor to make power over 10k.

Draco you have 214mph :thumbsup::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
what power do you have and what mods ??

also im guessing the loring time trials is over far more than a 1 mile distance ?

aitch:bowdown:

Aitch,
Loring is a mile and a half. Last year I had a stock Gen II motor with a 30 shot of N20, but ran out of gearing at the mile marker. There were multiple Gen II Busas that all ran over 200 mph stock, but the Gen II has a couple more ponies than a Gen I. Your quickest way for more power with a stock motor is cams and some mild headwork.

Cams, pistons, some head work, and tighten up the squish to up the static CR a bit. You should be able to pickup a good bit of hp with that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back