Stock cans to slip ons (what kinda gain)??

Bubba Zanetti

Registered
So if you go from a completely stock Gen1 Busa and throw a couple of slipons, free flow air filter and a PCIII what kinda increase in HP can you expect?

I have a guy on a ZX12R than I need to sort out :thumbsup: and he has the better of the stock Bus.

Cheers.

Slip-ons are nice of u want to add a lil growl to ur bike and you'll shed some weight by eliminating the stock porky pontoons,but you won't notice any power gains. As Johnny & Got B suggested. ...the best way is to go with a full system and get it professionally tuned.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was told 3-5 [ more like 3 for slipons,,,yosh advertises 5 for their r3 slipons and 10 for the full pipe ,,,it may be just a selling tool for yosh,,,,,,but every bike is different,,,,,,,,,my opinion is with a full system and a custon tuned map with a PC and filter may harvest you 8-12 hp

Last edited:
No offense to you, but he may be a better rider. Those 12's arent slouches either. I've had a 1000 whoop me, that guy could ride! You doin standing starts or roll-ons?

I havent raced my busa,,but ive raced alot cars when I was young,,and fast frog is correct,,,leaveing the Tree { Its called " He Tree'd me"} means he got you at the light,,,,than its a game of catch up,,,this may not be the case,,,but when bikes are really close in power,,IMO ,,Then its the rider who will determine the winner

I havent raced my busa,,but ive raced alot cars when I was young,,and fast frog is correct,,,leaveing the Tree { Its called " He Tree'd me"} means he got you at the light,,,,than its a game of catch up,,,this may not be the case,,,but when bikes are really close in power,,IMO ,,Then its the rider who will determine the winner

Yes and no.

Straight drag, roll on 1st 2nd, top speed runs, the 12 is quicker. He's not the better of me on the corners tho :moon:

He is about 4 stone lighter than me (nearly 50 pound in your languauge) so that's gotta count. Must swap bikes and see what happens.

Yes and no.

Straight drag, roll on 1st 2nd, top speed runs, the 12 is quicker. He's not the better of me on the corners tho :moon:

He is about 4 stone lighter than me (nearly 50 pound in your languauge) so that's gotta count. Must swap bikes and see what happens.

50 pounds definitely makes a difference in any race, just more amplified on bikes since they're light already. In terms of cars 100 pounds can shed 1/10th of a second in the quarter.

with the Gen1's weve put our slip on (well bolt on cans) and done the small airbox mod we consistantly get 10-12 bhp gains putting out 170+ bhp at the wheel, BUT and its a BIG but the power with stock headers is peaky even though the torque curve is good and fuelling normally needs no alteration, a good akrapovic header with a true unrestriceted end can gives much better power band at the top

its just money for the road end cans with small airbox mod for max gains / race spend on akro or yoshi system and modidfy or replace the end can

attached dyno is stock system with JCE end cans vs Akrapovic header and JCE Race can

in this comparison stock headers worked best with all long stacks and akrapovic headers worked better with short stacks

ok heres the dyno graph

sorry it shows speed not rpm
both runs in 5th gear
rev limiter stock on stock headers (red) as the power was falling off
rev limiter raised with Akro Headers (blue) as clearly still makeing and holding good power

aitch:bowdown:

bhpTORQUE1.jpg

Last edited:
most slips ons run about 375 to 500 plus,,,,,yosh is offering their full 4 into oval stainless out the door for 535 TYD,,,,,,,nice price,,,,pm if you cant find it for that,,,,,they have the tititaium and carbon too,,,not to surethe price,,but Ive found a dealer that will send me the system for that,,best wishes on the 12,,,,,,,,,,,

Back