slip-on question....

bygblok

Registered
I scored me a set of really nice Yosh carbon fiber slip-ons today for $250 and bolted them on. Realistically speaking, other than the added DEEP sound can I expect any seat of the pants torque/hp gains? WIll be modding the airbox and doing a filter as well which will more than likely force me in to a PCIII from what I read. How far can I go before the PCIII is needed? Thanks for the help......

:welcome:

And thank you for your job. Folks like you make my life in SoFla easier.

What year bike? Slip ons don't usually add much, maybe a few ponies could be seen on a before/after dyno run but I don't think your assdyno will feel much. It will be more of a mental thing. Louder pipes will make you think it's faster. There are some here who have full systems with nothing else and have had no problems. Other have some popping on decel. If you put a full system on it may throw a FI code which will need to be addressed. A simple ecu flash can fix a lot of the things encountered.

Do me a favor keep them Hurricanes away from Wpb :)

Be careful with modding the airbox, a lot of thought went into the design to optimize performance. If you are not putting the full exhaust leave the slip ons and ride. Forget about the PC3 with slip ons enjoy the sound, there should be more than enough entertainment for street riding at the end of your wrist :laugh:

Not a tuner or mechanic, but in my tiny mind I don't think you've made much of a change with the slip-ons, and I don't think messing with the airbox and filter will do much for you as long as the factory pipes are in place. I don't really think a street rider needs to add a PC to the mix ( talking about your bike ). :whistle:

:laugh:

Take it for a ride and find out! I did notice a difference when I put on my Yosh R77s. More snap and she seems to clean out on the top end smoother. Handling improved slightly. I thought they were a little loud when I first put them on but now I think they are the perfect sound I was looking for and they look awesome.

it seems like the stumble at 2500-3500 or so is worse after I put them on. Might just be more noticeable now since you can hear it more than feel it. TRE mod? I may not do the airbox since I rarely ride a bike as hard as it can be ridden. Mostly interstate and in town with a blast down a backroad here and there.

it seems like the stumble at 2500-3500 or so is worse after I put them on. Might just be more noticeable now since you can hear it more than feel it. TRE mod? I may not do the airbox since I rarely ride a bike as hard as it can be ridden. Mostly interstate and in town with a blast down a backroad here and there.

What year is your bike ? and how many miles on it ?

Hey Bygblok,
I have a 2008 with Yosh TRC slip ons and a BMC race filter. The bike sounds good, runs real good and also a bit stealth from the police when I get on it. Just to give you an Idea on performance, the bike ran 7.90 at 110, with them on and a 7.70 at 114 with the slip ons off. I thought without the back pressure it would run like crap But I was surprised. This Saturday an Org member flashed my ecu, now I'm curious on, if any difference.

OMG, dude you have an unrestricted Busa, meaning your sorry behind can run up to 200 M.P.H. with a slight tail wind :bowdown:

That's why I bought it. One of my life goals was to break 200 on a bike. With a little time to learn the bike and a few things to improve it I may meet my goal. It's just a damned shame its taken me 53 years to get to this point!!:thumbsup:

That's why I bought it. One of my life goals was to break 200 on a bike. With a little time to learn the bike and a few things to improve it I may meet my goal. It's just a damned shame its taken me 53 years to get to this point!!:thumbsup:

An unrestricted 99/00 model, or 01 to 07 with the restrictions removed will only do a best of 194mph, and that is with perfect conditions.
Gearing will have to be made taller, and a gen1 would likely require head work, cams, a good tune with a full exhaust.
More power will be needed. A gen2(which has more power)can do 200+mph without internal engine modifications.
197mph on a stock derestricted gen2 is possible.
Good luck with your goal, as it's one of mine too.
My gen2 hasn't made it there yet...yet.:beerchug:

Some folks don't understand the amazing difference it what it takes for that extra 4-6 mph either!

i have a set of yoshi rs-3s that i chopped because they are way too quiet. here are some pix and a dyno sheet. the bike is stock except slip ons. i am running Amsoil 10w30 also.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

Back