stock can removal

tex_garza

Registered
i just picked up some slip on carbon can r77s from hpc and they look great im debating if i wanna have them dealer installed or not does anyone have a step by step on how to remove the gen2 stock cans cause the new pipes came with instructions for installing the new slip ons but not removing the old im debating if i wanna mess with it depending on how much work is involved thanks for all the help

not sure of a Gen2 but if its an Gen1 the areas highlighted in pink are where u need to unscrew. slip the new cans on and screw on same areas. good luck.

2007-Suzuki-Hayabusa-GSX1300Rb.jpg

2007-Suzuki-Hayabusa-GSX1300Rb.jpg

Its simple, very simple. First loosen clamp on oem midpipe to header connection. These are located under your belly pan. You can easily see them and should not have to remove anything to loosen the clamps.
Then unbolt it from passenger peg rearset bracket. Once this is done you can remove whole oem can and midpipe as one piece. Then simply install the new pipes. It is very very easy and there is no mystery or anything that you can really do wrong. In the picture you can see what and how it will come off. Only after I took them off did I separate midpipe from can and heat shield. Very easy save your $ for a K&N. Just make sure when you install the new pipes that they are properly adjusted for clearnace from your belly pan or you may melt it a bit. Again this is simple, once you get the new pipes installed dont tighten them all the way and you should be able to twist or rotate the midpipe to a point that will give you max clearance.

New bike-Busa 009.jpg

Last edited:
It should take no more than 5 minutes to get both sides off, if that long.

The hardest part is taking off the lower plastic piece to get better access to the clamps... 2 clips and a finagle. The rest is cake... 2 clamps and 2 bolts and some wiggle wiggle...:laugh:

I was able to get to the clamps with just a ratchet and socket . I did not have to remove belly pan although it would make it easier and takes only 5 minutes. Either way its pie.

I think my wife spoke with yours. Be safe over there. They are sharp on the Busa. :beerchug:

Probably the easiest thing you can bolt on the bike. PLEASE....don't take it to a dealer and pay for them to be installed... :(

Hell, I probably don't live far from you. You can either bring it by my house or I'll come over and do it for free for you... ;)

Just let me know... :beerchug:

Just an FYI...the bolt pattern for a Gen 1 and Gen 2 are the same on the mid pipes. The mid pipe diameter which bolts to the header is different with the Gen 2 being smaller, any slip on that bolts up to the Gen 1 will fit the Gen 2. I have them both and did this in testing different slip ons.

Probably the easiest thing you can bolt on the bike. PLEASE....don't take it to a dealer and pay for them to be installed... :(

Hell, I probably don't live far from you. You can either bring it by my house or I'll come over and do it for free for you... ;)

Just let me know... :beerchug:

wat part of houston u live in im in pearland and could use a riding buddy and the occasional advice for the new busa

wat part of houston u live in im in pearland and could use a riding buddy and the occasional advice for the new busa

We just moved from The Woodlands to Conroe. I don't do much street riding anymore but would be happy to help you with your bike... :beerchug:

I agree don't pay to have someone install slip-ons. I'm in Spring and would be glad to come out and help you.:beerchug:

Back