08 Hayabusa gear position sensor removal

onebadcbr929

Registered
I just bought the gear position sensor to remove my speed restrictor and was wandering how hard this thing would be to install, i have seen step by step removal, but nothing about going back together with it, such as bell housing nut, and clutch spring torque specs. I am trying to decide if i want to tackle this myself or have it done somewhere. Thanks.

Thats where i got mine from Schnitz. Can you remove the housing nut with a ratchet or does it take a impact to get it off?

Curious to know then, Since both the TRE and GPS would void factory warranty, and both show 5th gear, just one all the time and one only in 6th, why would one not take the cheaper easier one to install and uninstall, to make it easier? Just a question from the newbie!!!!!

Curious to know then, Since both the TRE and GPS would void factory warranty, and both show 5th gear, just one all the time and one only in 6th, why would one not take the cheaper easier one to install and uninstall, to make it easier?  Just a question from the newbie!!!!!
First of all I love to work on my busa so I did not mind taking it apart to do the GPS mod
my wife complains that I take it apart too much
laugh.gif
that's what I love to do. I didn't want to lose all gear indication that's why I went with the GPS mod.

I believe the tre sends 5th gear fuel map in every gear, gps only sends 5th gear map in 5th and 6th which has the same fuel map anyway so it doesn't affect anything.

I do the gps mods for schnitz, two totally different things, some guys lijke having 5th gear fueling and timing maps in all gears, a lot of guys dont. Suzuki spends a lot of time coming up with optimized fueling and timing maps for each gear, the TRE just puts it in the 5th gear map all the time.

The directions for going together are in the 08 busa manual which I beleive is still posted up here, shouldn't take more than an hour to do it total, not hard, but much easier with an impact gun, put the bike in 5th or 6th gear, hold the rear brake and hit the 30mm nut with the impact gun
guns.gif

I do the gps mods for schnitz, two totally different things, some guys lijke having 5th gear fueling and timing maps in all gears, a lot of guys dont.  Suzuki spends a lot of time coming up with optimized fueling and timing maps for each gear, the TRE just puts it in the 5th gear map all the time.

The directions for going together are in the 08 busa manual which I beleive is still posted up here, shouldn't take more than an hour to do it total, not hard, but much easier with an impact gun, put the bike in 5th or 6th gear, hold the rear brake and hit the 30mm nut with the impact gun  
guns.gif
I have dumb question, why not just do the .20 hy-gain mod? does the TRE and the GPS thingy do something different or better?

I believe the tre sends 5th gear fuel map in every gear, gps only sends 5th gear map in 5th and 6th which has the same fuel map anyway so it doesn't affect anything.
Yes, but, with a powercommander mapped for the TRE it sends the correct fuel at all times no matter what gear and what speed. As per my understanding from Fuel Moto.

Our bikes have ram air compensation in the upper gears so if you stick the bike in the 5th gear map all the time it has no choice to be rich in the lower gears etc. Some kove the TRE but I personally know of no top tuners using such a device.

Greg

Sorry guys IO know I am bumping an old thread , but can anyone post up the write up on how to do this ? Where is it located on the bike ? Thanks so much !

Yeah, things have come a long way since 2008...and the tech ability has moved along quickly.

You don't even need to pick up a wrench anymore with the ECU flash, LoL

I have the GPS mod done on mine because I did it early on. My issue with TRE's is they sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. The problem with that is someone who goes to a top end track the first time spends a lot of money getting there and might not know if it works properly until the rev limiter kicks in a little too early. A lot wasted for a chance it'll work. The GPS mod and ECU flash as a lot more assurance your going to get a couple more MPH top end ability past the factory limiter.

Back