Stock Bikes/age group

I'm 25 and i don't think anything on my bike is stock. Its got the turbo and everything else. I eventually will buy a gen 2 and put exhaust, wheels, tune, and pegs,levers and be done with it. I would like to have another N/A bike that is highly reliable. I've got some other priorities in life that need to come first though

006.jpg

The busa can do it all with no mods. It can do everything even better WITH mods.

It's more enjoyable to go touring for 1k on a weekend with saddle bags and other mods. To each his/her own though. I'm just hopefully better than a chimp. :laugh:

:poke:
a chimp can hold the throttle open down a 3 mile straightaway...
:poke:

I'm 39 and I'm a Busaholic~!~

Everything on my bike is bone stock, except for everything OUTSIDE the motor casing~!~ :whistle:

i'm 42. busas are already pretty fast so if i was gonna do a performace mod, it might be some type of brake upgrade. i'm always considering bling mods :thumbsup:

Im 29 Just Genmar handle bar risers. Other then that I am all stock. But I am looking into buell pegs.

And you don't need mods Blue is the fastest.

I am 37 and an aircraft mechanic. The easiest way for me to learn anything is to do it; best way to learn about something is to take it apart. I don't have any "go faster" mods, man, I can't ride her the way that she is. So, anything that is on her is some attempt to learn, or for comfort. But she is mine - as all of ours are, well, ours...

23 got the bike right off the boat ( 1 mile on her from dealer then the next 12,000+ on me) and never looked back. still gotta lot of work to do to make me feel like im done building my babe. Gafler rotors all around by friday. =-) then keep building!

Z's 08 busa.jpg

I'm 35. Mine has the basic mods, exhaust, PC3, and cosmetic. When I picked it up it was already modded, it's stretched also. It's going back to stock length this winter. My STI is my toy for speed modding, the Busa is fast enough.

I'll be 60 this year--(WOW--where did all that time go??). I'm a retired high school Principal that now teaches for the MSF! I try to ride daliy and do lots of long distance touring. Except for appearance mods--mostly stock here!

img_8614 small.jpg

I'm 37 and the only performance mods I have are full single sided exhaust system, BMC filter, and a power commander to map the bike.

To chime in again I think the older you get the more you wise up and spend money on more important things instead of being a yound retard like me:laugh: To be very serious I had a great time riding my piped and tuned Gen 1 busa actually put about 10X as many miles and seat time on it then I have the turbo. I would love to keep the turbo and have a GEN 2 that was just piped and tuned. I find myself cruising at slower speeds now and only using the turbo out on the interstate. With the turbo more $$$, more time, more wrenching and less ride time has been the case. When you are riding it though it makes you never want to ride a stock busa again....I mean until you ride a turbo you will not understand but a 180HP busa will feel like your on a moped. Between mortgage, gas, insurance, utilites, food, everyday life ect....you don't really realize how much $$$ you have to make in this world to do some of the things you want. I was on the car lots this past weekend and it makes my stomach hurt how much they want for these vehicles.....people like me in their young twentys for the most part just have been raised on credit cards and the "I've got to have it now" approach. I think they just accept they will have a car payment forever and just go sign the line on whatever they want at the moment. How else does someone who makes 30K a year drive a 50K tahoe.....sure I will just pay $500 a month for 9 years. These auto prices are OUT OF CONTROL no wonder they aren't selling ****

Last edited:
58 years old; Tobin seat, Buell pegs, Helibars, and Genmar risers.
Otherwise, I'm all set. Only vehicle I've ever had that I thought was fast enough - just like it is!!

CW

51 Here, Tobin seat, Buell pegs, Helibars and two brothers slip ones, steel break lines, and triple tree. Bike runs good enough to make me not want to do more.

DSC_0099.jpg

I'm 30 - bike is totally stock. Haven't even bothered to peel the warning stickers off the tank and fairing, heh.

More bike than I need the way it comes from the factory. Never felt the need to do anything to it.

I just Added the Hotbodies because I am Trying to Look COOL, Risers Because my Arms and Wrist Hurt, Seat has Extra Cushion Because my FAT AZZ HURTS after a While and the Buell Pegs are there because I Like Comfort.................Other than that it is Fully Stock :whistle:

What do you think of the risers? Comfort? Handling? Price? Help the wrists? Been thinking about trying them, would love to hear your opinions.

Back