Stealership strikes again

beerchug.gif

Should have kept the throttle open until it seized up. Then there would be no question as to what they should do?

(Tufbusa @ Dec. 04 2006,11:54) Should have kept the throttle open until it seized up. Then there would be no question as to what they should do?
thats what I was thinking
AAAssjani.gif

I lost a drain plug in my raptor during the first desert race I ever did,(some idiot named Dustin forgot to tighten after an oil change) it fell out about 5 miles in on the first lap of 25 miles. I made it about 2.5 miles into the second lap before it quit on me and I found out what happened, I was wondering why my foot kept slipping off the peg but thought it was the new boots I had on. Wound up torching the cam and rocker arms and mild damage to the head. I bored the cyl out and rebuilt the top end and have been running for the last 3 years. Got to love Castrol GTX!!!!

Best of luck on it.

I work at a dealership. Suzuki does not , to my knowledge offer a complete motor, just as parts. If drain plug was let out completely oil light would have come on immediately. Remember even the best motorcycle mechanic is still human and can make a misteak once in a while. If motor knocked there is probably damage. Go to the dealership OWNER and tell the story as calmly as possible and give him a chance to make it right. I know we would jump all over this to make customer happy. We would remove the motor and tear it down to see what was damaged, we would then order necessary part to repair and repair it. We would replace all gasket, seals and rings in the process. Our dealership would probably return it to you in better shape than when you had the problem. Just try to remain calm, give them a chance and be ready to be without the bike for a while as parts must be ordered and installed. Sorry you had a problem, but believe me it does happen and the dealership shows their true colors in the manner that it is resolved. If there seems to be resistance from the OWNER then go to Suzuki for help and get a lawyer to write a letter to the dealer and to Suzuki . I know it sucks but life does these things to us once in a while to test our character. Good luck.

I made the mistake of once forgetting to tighten my oil plug after changing my oil. With it being finger tight, no oil was leaking when I inspected the bike before taking off. I headed out on a 5 mile run and was decelerating when my back end got squirly. I glanced in my mirror and saw a plume of smoke (yes, the oil drain plug is close enough to the exhaust to smoke). Immediately after that observation my oil light came on. I was able to shut the motor down and coast to a safe parking spot before any engine noise developed. Bottom line, the dealership did the same thing and forgot to torque the oil plug. They are liable for any damages that occurred because of this and you are entitiled to have another shop inspect and verify that your motor is shot.

Can't wait for the dealer to tell you it was your responsibility.  Then they'll tell ya you were rushing them etc.

But, as others have said remain calm be nice and see what they will offer.   If it is not satifactory then pursue all options available.

I had a terrible dealer experience today.
No dealer will ever touch my Busa again!!!

I'm sure there's plenty of good dealers out there, but my bike shouldn't bear the burden of sorting out the bad ones.

Bunch of fuggin jerks where I went!!!

Good luck to you getting your situation sorted out.

Busaman, STAY OFF THE BIKE! It's a time bomb now. Listen to the posts. I'm not going to repeat the auto example.
As far as I'm concerned, you can start the bike up, let it idle till it knocks. Pickup truck it back to the franchise, bring the dealer principal out, (owner) let him now listen to a bike serviced at his shop.

Who is going to rebuild that engine at that dealership? Did you see how long it took for a battery and service? All that bearing contamination crushed in between the gears, plus, what you can't see is now hidden in the case. Scored head cam tower bearings equals New Head, old valves? See the mess of old and new parts swapping. Your performance will drop, and it wasn't your fault. Pistons are scored the worst. New pistons and bore? Nope, that is a service taken away from you... the bore job that is. For example, say a bike can only be bored once. Because of that oil plug flub, the dealer is taking away the only bore you have left in a low mile bike. Therefore, you want new cylinder, and new pistons, etc.
The oil filter is the 'x-ray' of the internals. Cut the filter open, pull the pleats apart and check for bearing debris.

Bring a video, film the action, get a lawyer, or let this dealer read this thread in his office and think about wetting you a new Busa off the floor, or ride the bike, take their word (the dealer reading this) that the bike is OK. Then, be well protected, buy a life insurance policy, (me as the benny) as well as full leathers, and wait for the pain, death, amputation, wheelchair bound, all for a loose drain plug, and the dealer letting his insurance company deal with it, (make sure he's insured first).

Thanks for all the advice. As of right now I've been busy studying for final exams and waiting for the general manager of the dealership to come back from vacation. So I'm thinking saturday after my exams I'll stop by and ask him to make things right in a mature way... Then we'll see how it goes... hopefully they'll make things right and I can write it off as people make mistakes, but at least they had the character to fix them...

I would be going for a new bike myself and then start negotiating down from there. After all it is their fault and I have known people (with cars) that have had similar problems with the oil plug not installed securely. They got a new engine and not a refurbished one. Good luck and at look on the bright side at least you still have a busa (sick or not). I wish I could have a sick bike right now, at least I will ride it again someday.

Sorry, still mourning behind Code Blue. Good luck anyway!!

It's ok man... trust me I'm mourning too... If you guys recall I had my 2006 Gixxer 1000 stolen October 27th... I took my busa in for service at the dealership November 2nd and no bike left for 4 weeks... then I got it back and rode it for about 20 minutes before the oil drain plug popped out... so now I have 1 no bike, and 1 sick bike... :-( ... seemed like yesterday that I had 2 kick-ass, healthy bikes....
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

Back