Stealership nightmare

OK, I think I heard the "whirring" sound this morning pulling out of the gas station.  It really isn't when the bike is "under load" (I know because I've had my helmet fairly close to the engine going around a few  corners under load
biggrin.gif
).  When rolling on the throttle from around 1,500 RPM in first, the transmission sounds like it has straight cut gears.  Anyone who has driven a manual transmission in reverse at any speed knows the sound.  I'm pretty hard on first gear (another
biggrin.gif
 - OK very hard on first), so after nearly 20,000 miles, I'm sure the tollerances aren't what they were when the bike was new.  I guess it could be a bad thing if it's a bearing thats starting to fail.  Either way, I don't think I'm ready to have someone tear the tranny appart to diagnose the noise.

biggrin.gif

First Problem in 16 months and you start raising hell? WTF???

Get over yourself, Sh!t happens and it sucks no way around it. But to be here slamming a "STEALERSHIP" after 16 months of good service. Fug me, SUPER GLAD you aren't one of our Customers...

It's this kind of "I'M TO BE TREATED SPECIAL" Bullshid that makes the Hayabusa Owners look as Self Involved as the Goldwing owners when they come walking through the door...

Sorry BW, I'm being a #### but it's just wrong to be refering to em' as "STEALERSHIP", and going nutters because somebody fugged up. IT HAPPENS, IT SUCKS, but it does happen...

There are a lot of things that a DEALERSHIP ANY DEALERSHIP does not have control over so this sort of thing can happen. Just be glad you not riding a BMW, Aprillia, or Ducati, and you're waiting for a part from Europe. Working behind the scenes 99% of the folks at the dealerships are riders too, they know what's going on out there, and how much it's sucks to have your ride down. There will have been phone calls made let and right, contacting other dealers in the area, looking for quality aftermarket, on and on to find a part to get a customers bike back on the road... Sometimes, it's just not going to work out and it sucks...

Anyway I'm going back to my corner and taking a chill pill...

First Problem in 16 months and you start raising hell?   WTF???

Get over yourself, Sh!t happens and it sucks no way around it.  But to be here slamming a "STEALERSHIP" after 16 months of good service.  Fug me, SUPER GLAD you aren't one of our Customers...

It's this kind of "I'M TO BE TREATED SPECIAL"  Bullshid that makes the Hayabusa Owners look as Self Involved as the Goldwing owners when they come walking through the door...  

Sorry BW, I'm being a #### but it's just wrong to be refering to em' as "STEALERSHIP", and going nutters because somebody fugged up.  IT HAPPENS, IT SUCKS, but it does happen...  

There are a lot of things that a DEALERSHIP ANY DEALERSHIP does not have control over so this sort of thing can happen.  Just be glad you not riding a BMW, Aprillia, or Ducati, and you're waiting for a part from Europe.   Working behind the scenes 99% of the folks at the dealerships are riders too, they know what's going on out there, and how much it's sucks to have your ride down.  There will have been phone calls made let and right, contacting other dealers in the area, looking for quality aftermarket, on and on to find a part to get a customers bike back on the road...  Sometimes, it's just not going to work out and it sucks...

Anyway I'm going back to my corner and taking a chill pill...
Rev,

I understand where you are coming from, but this is the absolute worst customer service I've experienced anywhere. I usually don't have problems because I plan in advance. I order and pay for the parts up front at the parts counter and ride until they arrive. Only after the parts are at the dealership do I schedule the service. This is the first time I've had a real problem and had to take it in and leave it for service where they were in control of the process from end to end.

So in my opinion, they are 0-1. All it would have taken was either the parts guy or the service guy to take the time to look and see the part was on back order the second time I called. Not the brush off and sh!t happens get over it attitude that I got from the dealership, and that it appears I would have gotten from yours as well.

Even after repeated phone calls, It wasn't until I went in and got in their face that anyone bothered to pull up the order work order and see what the delay was. Even after all of that, I agreed to wait for the part to arrive on the estimated back order date, nobody from the dealership bothered to check on it until I went in the day after it should have been there. Then, one I was standing at the counter again, they looked and saw the back order date had changed.

It wasn't until they thought they were going to lose the $150 labor charge, they were able to find a sprocket and get it delivered.

All I wanted was the work done in a reasonable time. Sprockets and chain with ordering parts, at most 1 week. If there was a problem, which there was, I expect that someone would pick up the phone and let me know. I expect that when I pick up the phone to check, they pull up the work order and check.

To me that's basic CUSTOMER SERVICE, not being treated special. But I guess someone who works at a dealership may have problems understanding that difference. I shouldn't have to be the liaison between the dealership's parts and service departments for them.

Dennis

Apathy Does suck, and I understand that... I just get rubbed wrong with the Steallership thing cause I work in the Industry and it gets old is all...

No worries, sorry for being a Beeyotch...

Apathy Does suck, and I understand that...  I just get rubbed wrong with the Steallership thing cause I work in the Industry and it gets old is all...

It's all good. The dealerships around here are little monopolies. 30-40 miles between them. I guess they don't really need to cater to the customers because of no real competition, but they still should.

I guess my saga is over for now. I took the bike to another dealership today. I told the sevice manager the story about the chain and the mysterious "whirring" noise. He had one of his mechanics check the bike out. The mechanic is also a Busa owner
smile.gif
He checked it out and gave it a test ride. He could not detect anything out of the ordinary. Says it sounds like a Busa is supposed to sound. The new place didn't charge me a dime for checking it out. I think I have found a new shop.

Apathy Does suck, and I understand that...  I just get rubbed wrong with the Steallership thing cause I work in the Industry and it gets old is all...

+1

Your dealer just sucks........
Move to Houston Texas. I will take care of your Suzuki needs for life.
Solved.

NEXT!!!

<!--EDIT|tedbiele
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154839317 -->

Back