Service From the stealership

Howabusa

Registered
I decided to take my beloved Busa to the dealership where I bought it to have the valve clearances checked & throttle bodies synced. I called ahead & got an estimate of around $450 including changing the oil & filter. I drop the bike off on Thursday, Friday I call them & ask if my bike is done. Yeah, it's ready. I tell them I will be in Saturday to get it.
They have never serviced my Busa before as I try to to do all the maintenance myself. This is why I don't take it the dealer for work. As I'm riding my Busa home, she starts running on 3 cylinders. It's acts like 1 of the plug caps isn't all the way on the spark plug. By the time I get home I'm Pissed, it is missing on & off. I just paid $497 for them to fix my bike and it runs worse now the when I took it to them. I call them & explain the problem. They tell me, We'll have a truck come & get it Monday. Great. I was going to Ride Sunday. Damn, I'm F*&%$ing Pissed.
I go in I the house & try to calm down. After I start thinking about, I know 1 of the plug caps isn't pushed down on the plug. Screw it, I'll just fix it myself. As I take off the bolts for the seat & tank, I notice they might be finger tight. As I figured the #1 plug cap was about a half inch from being all the way on the spark plug. Now I decide I better check out the rest of their work. I found 2 fairing bolts that were loose & the oil was about 5 or 6 ozs. overfilled.
Monday, I call the dealer & tell them not to come & get the bike. I FIXED ALL THE PROBLEMS they made! I ask the service manager what they are going to do about the issue of the crappy service you get for $67 per hour. He said he was going to sit down with the tech & the owner of the dealership to see what the could do. That was 10 days ago, I haven't heard a thing from them. I told them when this BS started that if the didn't make it right they wouldn't see me again. I guess that they don't need my business.

Geezzzz...you only have to pay $67 an hour for bad service ?? Here it is $85 an hour for poor service !

Unfortunately I'm not too surprised. The Suzi dealers I've dealt with haven't been so great. My Honda dealer is all over their stuff though. They're next door to each other. Maybe Honda could pass the word along... I hope they do something to make this right for you.

I guess I'm just lucky. My local dealer has a great mechanic that knows Suzuki and Honda very well. He's the only one, other than myself, that I trust to work on my bikes.

It's been 10 days and you haven't called or gone up there? I would have called the next day.

I hear ya.. I took off 2 tires and had them mount and balance 2 new ones, they couldnt even get that right... I coulda balanced my tires better with a freakin pis elm sticks... some small stones and duct tape... I'm done...all my own work usually anyhow, but now I guess that includes tire changes and the whole 9 yards...

I made a decision a long time ago that I do 100% of all my own work.
I invest the money in tools instead of labor.
I make mistakes, and screw up, but I learn every day.
I have found that NOBODY will care about your stuff as much as you do.
As an example, your $450 job was paid with after tax dollars, took time to deliver and pick up the bike, had to fix the problems yourself and now fight with those guys for satisfaction.
What was all that worth?

NO ONE....touches the Spud's ride..."NO ONE"....although GoFaster trades me up once in a while and I offered a loan to Lamb, but he declined....something about a jinx or something...but I offered.....too many are trusted, and so many are not trustworthy..... :oldcool: I'd ask for a refund....no service freebies....REFUND !!!! :super:

The dealership guys don't pay attention to detail. I have powder couted black fairing bolts, except for the belly wing. Everytime I get the bike back, there is a stainless steel bolt on each side of the bike, and 2 powder coated bolts inder the bike holding the wing on. Makes me wonder what other details they didn't pay attention to.

They haven't called you back because they don't care about the bad service.

They already got paid so to them it's a done deal, I have had the same issues with stealerships
And that's why I no longer use them. Get the word out to everyone you know about what happend that's what makes them care about the service they give
Posted via Mobile Device

customer service flew out the window a few years back. If you hear other wise they're full of poopoo

I hear ya.. I took off 2 tires and had them mount and balance 2 new ones, they couldnt even get that right... I coulda balanced my tires better with a freakin pis elm sticks... some small stones and duct tape... I'm done...all my own work usually anyhow, but now I guess that includes tire changes and the whole 9 yards...
yeah mine sucks to even after i told them to mount my tires with red dot where the stem is they didnt even get it close and then stuck on a mountain of wieght, I made them break the bead and rotate tire and whalla no weight needed at all......@#$% a holes

I'm with the majority here, no one touches my ride but me. My problem is that my limited maintenance know-how ends when it's time for a valve adjustment or something like a chain replacement. This is why I always buy new every two years before those long term ownership requirements like that become due.
When it comes to tire replacement, I'm lucky to have a small shop that knows how to mount and balance tires properly. I dismount and take the wheel in though, don't even trust them to properly install the fresh meat.

Last edited:
I had pretty much the same experiance. One of my seat bolts literally fell out when I pulled into my driveway. I sent the manager of the stealership a detailed email of what I found wrong. He sent me a $100 gift card. I won't take my bike back there ever again, but at least I got some free accessories. :thumbsup:

I took my busa back with only 500 miles on it for them to listen to a noise in the front. Sounded to me like a wheel brg. noise. Well the only 2 people at the dealership that had a MC endorsement were the general manager and one teck. The teck was off so the GM rode it, 30 MILES and you could hear it within one block. Bet my bike got broke in real good. If I can't fix any problem on my bike the people on this forum is all the help I need. I'll buy parts from them but that's about it. Sorry for all the rantin.

Hey Kent, good to see you...

Dealer techs... there is a bit of a conundrum on our side of the country when it comes to getting bikes serviced..

Any guy worth beans is going to need to make money.. with the season here maybe 6 months long to most, year round "busy" just is not going to happen.. This leaves a big hole in the service industry here.. All you are going to get is "rookies" making rookie mistakes and trying to cover them up.. (I would not even guess if the valves were even looked at)

Sad as it is, we are much better off leaving the service work to our own or find another owner that can twirl a wrench..

for your current problem? I feel for you but do not have a clue what recourse you have... by law, the shop has the right to "attempt" to repair the "repair" before you have any legal footing.. I would most certainly stay on them about some kind of resolution..

"Gimme a free set of tires or I tell the entire world who you are and what you did" :laugh:

but really would be curious "WHO" this was.. :whistle:

Yeah, Bogus I'm still around. The dealership is Mid Ohio Suzuki in Mt. Vernon, Ohio. A couple of nights ago some women calls from the dealership to see how my service was. Needless to say I went off on her & hung-up. I don't think they will do anything about the problem no matter how much I call them.

Yeah, Bogus I'm still around. The dealership is Mid Ohio Suzuki in Mt. Vernon, Ohio. A couple of nights ago some women calls from the dealership to see how my service was. Needless to say I went off on her & hung-up. I don't think they will do anything about the problem no matter how much I call them.

call suzuki customer service.

Back