Stay away from Ducati

This may be a little off the topic at hand but most stereotypes are formed for a reason. Fix It Again Tony is an old joke but it hit the nail right on the head. Watch Top Gear for a season and you will see all the humour in relation to Italian engineering that you can imagine. People love Alfa Romeo automobiles for their design but wouldn't recommend one to a friend if their life depended on it. Ferrari and Lamborghini create beautiful fast works of art but they are famous for being a challenge for testers to get through testing without something going horribly wrong with them. Sure the 70's and 80's are long gone and Italian manufacturing and engineering has come a long way in that time but still...would you choose an Italian car or motorcycle if you had to get from one coast to the other in a specified time? Ducatis look great in your livingroom or hightech garage but if you are going to buy one you should probably not expect anything close to Japanese reliability. Hey, I almost bought a 916 before dropping down a cheque on my busa.....

Good luck with your newest Duc.:thumbsup:

ALL Italian vehicles are are like ALL italian women ... usually sexy to look at, occasionally tempermental but always problematic.

Please don't argue with me on this ... It's the truth

My mom had a fiat.It was a big POS.We always had to work on it.It was a solid car though as far as taking a beating.My buddy has a Duc ST3 and has nothing but problems with it.

We had a guy in our group that had a beautiful 916. He rode with us a couple times, but between some bike issues and him getting bummed that his bike was the slowest in the group (all liters and busa's) he quit riding with us. He bought it used and didn't keep it too long, he didn't want to pay for the maintainence and didn't seem to be a hardcore rider :whistle: I think he wanted it more for the name than to ride :laugh:

ALL Italian vehicles are are like ALL italian women ... usually sexy to look at, occasionally tempermental but always problematic.

Please don't argue with me on this ... It's the truth
That is entirely correct.The exceptional looks come with a very high degree of maintenance.
The Bikes are almost the same:laugh:
Its a free world.Don't like it... don't ride it..!

Ducati.jpg

650 miles round trip later I am home with a new diavel.

Can't say enough good things about Ducati Omaha but still hate Ducati, they had another brand new diavel in there with coolant issues also, so the problem is bigger then they say it is.

Dealership owner did tell me if I have any problems with the new one he will personally come get the bike from me himself.

So Yeah for Ducati Omaha being on my side and helping me with swapping out bikes for free:thumbsup:

Sorry to have read about your Diavel issue. I own an 848 myself and mechanically it has been solid but I'm just at 2100 miles so not sure if that's to be expected or if I'll have issue as it continues to age. I know it's been a while since you posted in the thread but I was curious on how the new one is holding up. Hopefully no issues. My second bike WAS going to be the Diavel but the I gave the hayabusa a test ride and now I'm here. :D

Sorry to have read about your Diavel issue. I own an 848 myself and mechanically it has been solid but I'm just at 2100 miles so not sure if that's to be expected or if I'll have issue as it continues to age. I know it's been a while since you posted in the thread but I was curious on how the new one is holding up. Hopefully no issues. My second bike WAS going to be the Diavel but the I gave the hayabusa a test ride and now I'm here. :D
He got rid of it. Piece of shyt.

Back