Stay away from Ducati

Well here is the new deal.
I bought my bike used 1392 miles, now has 1850 or something.

- I can have my concours back plus $6000 cash, basically I paid $16,500 for the carbon diavel.
Or
- take a 2012 standard black diavel brand new, straight trade.

I sold the concours because truly it just was not me, so if I get that back I will have to deal with getting rid of it again, also the dealership gave me a great trade in on it.(10,500) as book was $9,000

I don't know what the hell to do:banghead:

ok i would be going ballistic everyone ive know thats owned ducks they came flawless from the factory, overheating issue and stalling sounds like bmw's problem air bubbles in the cooling system which its stupid how you have to bleed their system haha. Id be looking into the lemon law if they dont replace it

Sounds to me like the cooling system was not properly purged of air. Can't believe that they would strip the thermostat out and tell you to keep riding it.

I'd take the Concourse back. At least they are being somewhat responsive. It won't get you back the cost of title and tags for first the Diavel and then the Concourse when you re-register it, but it would be better to walk away a small loser than to keep the sad Duc and regret it.

Atleast the dealership is accommodating. I would think you just got a raw deal with the piece you got. If you still game , go for the 2012 model. Other wise just get your old bike home and start the process of selling and buying something else again. What ever you do i suggest you do it fast coz these dealers are known to have a quick change of heart. My take , get you old bike back and buy a hayabusa.

I am happy with the dealership, just not Ducati or there way of fixing my issue, thank god it has a warranty.

The dealership has been emailing me all night, we have been going back and forth comming to a agreement.

I will trade my 11' carbon diavel in on a 12' black standard brand new machine title for title with no money to change hands and a full 2 year warranty.

I really like the looks of the diavel and the way it rides and feels and really did not want the concours back at all. I hope I just got a lemon on the first one, time will tell, at least I will know for sure what has been done to the new one.

The bike is from Italy. You are surprised with the issues? :laugh:

I have rode a Ducati and they are very pretty and have al kinds of cool stuff like LCD screens that I can not read in the Flordia sunshine.
I liked riding the Ducati Davial.

I will keep my nice low maintence Hayabusa. I jump on and it starts and have no issues! :-)

You are right there I never had a issue with any of my Suzuki's or any metric motorcycle, never had a issue with the BMW either, let's just hope it's over for now.:please:

Hopefully the fit is better on some of the plastics too.

sorry to hear about all the issues! hope your new one works a lot better :beerchug:

Well here is the new deal.
I bought my bike used 1392 miles, now has 1850 or something.

- I can have my concours back plus $6000 cash, basically I paid $16,500 for the carbon diavel.
Or
- take a 2012 standard black diavel brand new, straight trade.

I sold the concours because truly it just was not me, so if I get that back I will have to deal with getting rid of it again, also the dealership gave me a great trade in on it.(10,500) as book was $9,000

I don't know what the hell to do:banghead:
Why not consider the Multistrada, it's a sport touring bike and very highly rated.

35 bikes 4 Brit 5 American 4 Italian 1 German 21 Japanese.

Conclusion, don't buy any foreign rubbish whatever the lure may be, stick to Japanese.

Best regards Stretch.
PS sorry to hear of all your problems I've been there, hope ya get sorted real soon.

Ask them to throw in a termonginni exhaust and call it a day.

Good luck with the next one, anyone can pick a rotten egg out of a dozen. Hope it works out for ya, but that deal with them removing the thermostat an ride it like that till figure something out. That kinda crap would make me reluctant to deal with those people. Maybe the only Duc dealer you can get to or in your area thats just another reason not to own a Duc if those are the people you have to deal with if you do have a problem.

I know you like the ride so I wish you well in your next attempt :)

Sounds like my Italian Husqvarna.

Every ride is a big smile, but one has to be an enthusiast and treat it like a pretty woman. Needs a lot of attention.:laugh:

Maybe Ducati's are not meant for non-technical folks? ???

eh sometimes you get a lemon outta the bunch, sux it happens, and you wouldnt expect when paying 20k for a bike tho, i think i would go for the newer one they are offering ya, make them up the warranty on it tho insted of 2 years make it 3.....

Makes you realize why someone else traded it in with less than 1500 miles though, doesn't it ???

Man, that's depressing to hear. None of my motorcycles have given me problems so far, including even the Harley. :laugh: Diavel was basically my next planned purchase over the next few years along with a Gen III (if it ever comes out). I'm in the camp that you just got a lemon also. Sounds like your dealership is a good dealership though. Glad you went with the 2012, I would've done the same thing if I was in your position. If it really is Ducati manufacturing itself that's the problem, then you have a 2 year warranty to cover you. It's just unfortunate your dealership is so far away.

that's a shame to read. i had high hopes in the future when i am old to grab something nice from ducati as a mid life crisis bike.:laugh: you drop 20g's as stated and the fit and finish is poor quality? that is absolutely unacceptable on ducati's part. :banghead: hopefully, you can iron out the b.s. and put it behind you. she's a damn good lookin' bike for sure.

As mentioned earlier, I too would go with the 2012 and give the bike a second chance. The bike is amazing looking and from what I hear it a great ride. Give it another shot, and leave this problem child in the dust of that 240 rear tire.

Back