Stay away from Ducati

Google Ducati Streetfighter and fuel tank. It's a great bike performance wise but usually they are nightmares to keep running. Thats what you get when you put dropping weight ahead of long term reliability. Most ducati riders probably sell their bikes too before the running problems arise. Most reviews don't report long term problems.

Google Ducati Streetfighter and fuel tank. It's a great bike performance wise but usually they are nightmares to keep running. Thats what you get when you put dropping weight ahead of long term reliability. Most ducati riders probably sell their bikes too before the running problems arise. Most reviews don't report long term problems.
probably some truth to that. look at most of the Duc's for sale on fleabay. most have very low mileage. I think for most Ducati buyers its more of a novelty then a bike there gonna ride often.

my buddy just bought one from a mutual friend and it was a 2007 1098 and had 1200 miles on it. it still is one of the best lookn bikes on the road. there is no denying that and chics love em....:bowdown:

I used to own a 2003 998S that I used only as a race bike - sold it last year. I had no major issues with it, besides those caused by myself.

Thanks for the comments and well wishes guys:thumbsup:

I pick up the new on Saturday, 2012 black diamond diavel, not a carbon but still the bike I want as long as it works, if I have problems with this one I will be the one on the news that roads his flaming bike into the dealership doors:laugh:

I did have the option to buy a new carbon along with $2200 cash or $2400 for carbon red, I told them Ducati will not get another dollar from me on a bike purchase, so that's why we settle for the standard.

Also tried to get extra warranty, they pretty much said they are tapped out on any more giving

I hope you have better luck with the 2012. I had an '01 Monster for 3-1/2 years, with no issues. My buddy has an '04 999, and has never had an issue. Once you get past this issue in your mind, I'm certain you'll enjoy the bike.

I owned a Fiat in the 70's swore I'd never but another Italian vehicle in my life and still haven't. I hated that car so much I gave up spagetti and pizza for a time :whistle:

Sorry to hear about youor troubles, hopefully they get it straightened out or make you happy some how... good luck.

Glad you came to a deal with them. Unfortunatly the lemon law does not cover used vehicles. Even if they are covered by warranty. It only covers new vehicles bought brand new.

everyone I have talked to that owns a duc say they have issues and need a lot of maintenance and TLC.Parts are spendy etc.Sorry to hear about the issues

Interesting! I had a fellow rider at the MSRC (Military Sportbike Rider Course) at Joint Base Charleston last week who had a Monster and his kept cutting off and didnt wanna start? Wonder whats up with Ducati?!

650 miles round trip later I am home with a new diavel.

Can't say enough good things about Ducati Omaha but still hate Ducati, they had another brand new diavel in there with coolant issues also, so the problem is bigger then they say it is.

Dealership owner did tell me if I have any problems with the new one he will personally come get the bike from me himself.

So Yeah for Ducati Omaha being on my side and helping me with swapping out bikes for free:thumbsup:

Wheres the pics? You gonna be home this evening? Doyle and I want to come check it out.

Back