Stay away from Ducati

Taylor

Donating Member
Registered
Recently purchased diavel carbon and have had nothing but problems.

Very first ride bike overheats, pull over and check it out, no fluid comming from bike, so I let it sit for about 10 minutes and it cools back down. Ride another 1 or 2 and bike reads "hi" again, did same thing took me about 30 minutes to ride 4 miles.

Call dealer explain to them what is going on, we come to a agreement that bike is probably not overheating but a electronic bug as bike is not puking out fluid or running any different at 150 or 248.
Take it to dealership and bike will not do it again, we try everything and bike runs fine and never gets hot.

I take it home and very next ride it overheats again, take it to the dealership again, which by the way is 180 miles away one way, and they contact Ducati, there fix is to just remove thermostat until perminent fix, ha ha how is that for a $20k bike.

Get bike back home go around block and bike stails out on me, fires right back up but what the hell. Next day have bike on lift and notice the plastic belt cover behind exhaust is melted, really are you serious.

Contact dealer, dealer notifying Ducati.

So here is from a duc owner, it's really not worth it to own one.

They look great but get close and the fit is not very good on a lot of the pieces and the price for what you pay should reflect a lot nicer of a bike.

To date owned 23 bikes, all makes and never had the issues like this brand here.

Thank god bike has a warranty.

Anyone wanna buy a Ducati, I will make you a good deal, :laugh:

To date owned bike 45 days.

Been in the shop 15 of those days, probably would be more if not for snow and can't ride bike

I think i'd cut my losses and dump that thing quick and go back to a 2012 S100RR!!!!!

well that doesnt give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.....:whistle: Ducadi's are beautiful and probably perform best on a pedestal in ur living room as art work.??? dam $20k ud think it would be trouble free. the more complicated they make bikes these days the prone they are to problems it seems.

Ducati is saying they solved the issue with removing the thermostat until a perminent solution comes available.

They see nothing wrong with bike at dealership fro 2 times and now needs to go in again. Nope not working with me.

It's when manufacturers screw people over like this that you understand why some people commit crimes like torch their defect cars or bikes to take less of hit money wise. Removing the thermostat is not a fix the bike needs that, which may also be a reason to make them eat that bike. Not sure about bikes but cars dealer has 30 days to fix it.

Here is the deal from the dealership. They just emailed me.

I can have my 2011 concours back and the money I paid the difference for the diavel or I can trade my 2011 model diavel in on a brand new 2012 model my bike plus some cash.

Here is the deal from the dealership. They just emailed me.

I can have my 2011 concours back and the money I paid the difference for the diavel or I can trade my 2011 model diavel in on a brand new 2012 model my bike plus some cash.

Take the C14 back!

Why would you want another Duc from them get your Kawi an run for hills man while you still can!!!

Sorry for the problems. Seems like they are trying to work with you though.
I saw one at dealership other day. Man that thing is huge and packed in there.
What is the thing mounted on right exhaust pipe next to brake pedal?

Why not get a new 2012 Busa?

buddy had the same problem with his zx12. It was really strange fix ,, not a sensor or anything some wire took kawi dealer over a month to find it kept going back.. I'll hit him up when i see him

If you were happy with the 2011 concourse get it back, if not get something other than the Duc... Good luck!

Back