Status of the "STUNGUN"!!!

Well Stunnah  he is enjoying his homemade kit  a lot last mod was a 3" dump pipe .

I am on the other hand not happy about it  
sad.gif
  cos it  cost him less than 1K to make and I spent 7K with all mods to make my bike unique . Moreover,  now his friends  wants him to make the same for them and others want just the dump pipe as it sound and looks good   .

mad.gif
mad.gif
Now you know how I feel
Well I can't say nothing about the cost, I know what you mean...Evidently your brother has some major talent to get the home made system up and going so quickly...You need to start another thread with his project as the topic...I'm interested to know what the final numbers are and to see some pics...How does his bike compare to yours, that sort of stuff...
evil.gif

mad.gif

you got your shat running, but u are missin something... where's the head-choppin stories with Junior.
laugh.gif
Junior sold his bike and is kind of in between...He can't make his mind up with what he wants or if he can afford one...I miss him riding...Most of the other guys want try me...I've got one partner that tells everybody the low down on my bike and he also tells them the only thing they know is how quick I leave them...So I haven't been bending over the tank to achieve a tight tuck and turn the throttle I've been really enjoying her and giving a twist now and then...I'm glad she's up and strong...Being down most of the year really was depressing...So now I have started planning for the coming year...
evil.gif

No there is no comparison Velocity kit is much better and more powerful.
Velocity spent time and resources to get the kit right for Haybusa all factors were considered in their design .
However, my brother did not take into consideration any factors all he wanted is to turbo power his bike and that's what he did. Velocity Kit looks great in fact my brother's kit under the fairing does not look 10 % as good as the Velocity but I still give him A for effort and persistence
cool.gif

He is not going to dyno it cos he is afraid to admit that he was wrong regarding many issues during the fabrication process . So the short answer Velocity wins
muscle.gif
race.gif

No there is no comparison Velocity kit is much better and more powerful.
Velocity spent time and resources to get the kit right for Haybusa  all factors were considered in their design .
However, my brother did not take into consideration  any factors all he wanted is to turbo power his bike and that's what he did. Velocity Kit looks great in fact my brother's   kit under the fairing does not look 10 % as good as the Velocity but I still give him A for effort and persistence
cool.gif

He is not going to dyno it cos he  is afraid to admit that he was wrong regarding many issues during the fabrication process . So the short answer Velocity wins  
muscle.gif

race.gif
That's it in a nutshell research=money...It is nice to lift the tank and let your partners peak at the plenum and other pieces...Tell your brother he might not want to put his on display nest to yours...
evil.gif

Glad the Stunngun is a running again....250 RW  gotta be a BLAST  
tounge.gif
Rode last nite...It was freezing gotta get some winter gloves...Anyway I haven't fixed the speedo yet...Was gauging mph by rpm...Got in her a few times on the way back and my partner let me know I was getting little quick...Had a blast almost froze but had a blast...
evil.gif

Sounds good Stunnah. Glad she's running like you want her. Seems like you're having problems finding some heads to chop. I've got a club member of mine who has a turboed Gixxer 1000, and he is beating the poop out of everybody. Basically, he's beat everything that's come up against him in Dallas, TX.

Stunnah, how is the trasition from off boost to on? Is the delivery smooth or is it bam! Instant like a shot of nitrous? I'm thinking of picking up a second busa and going with the velocity stage 2.

Sounds good Stunnah.  Glad she's running like you want her.  Seems like you're having problems finding some heads to chop.  I've got a club member of mine who has a turboed Gixxer 1000, and he is beating the poop out of everybody.  Basically, he's beat everything that's come up against him in Dallas, TX.
I can imagine what that boosted 1k is doing with a decent rider...He's pushing at least 220hp at under 400pds...Nuff said...The 1k's are hard enough to deal with stock...
evil.gif

stunna, did you ever run the turbo with stock gearing, if so, how does that compare to what you have now ?
I have not had it geared stock since boost...I tried 17/44 hated it to much gear...Back to 16/42 and I love it pulls perfectly for my style of riding...My swingarm is 6" over...Suspension is set a little stiff so where I used to wheelie I now burnout...The closest I can compare is prior to adding boost and swapping to 16/42...When I made the swap my 1/8th mile times dropped 4/10ths of a second and that's a pretty good drop for cost...Cheapest performance mod you can do...However if I were at stock length I more than likely would not run 16/42 with boost...Would probably stay stock...To much hp and torque...
evil.gif

Stunnah, how is the trasition from off boost to on? Is the delivery smooth or is it bam! Instant like a shot of nitrous? I'm thinking of picking up a second busa and going with the velocity stage 2.
Power delivery is very smooth...Exception wacking the throttle wide open...Better hold on cause aint no telling what's gonna happen...If you roll the throttle on the power comes on just as smooth as ever and as you go thru the gears you look down and your rolling in the middle triple digits quick...I haven't had a chance to ride a nos Busa but I do have a partner here that has a Busa with a kit and nos he has been on my bike and was shocked at how smooth the power came on...He wants to buy it!!!  
evil.gif
wink.gif

wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100707390 -->

wink.gif

what chain you running? obviously not stock
wow.gif

Back