Stator Cover Install!!

bpjones

Registered
OK...Here's some photos from my Woodcraft Case Cover Install:cheerleader:

Got 2 Questions....you guys that have done this mod....
1 - Did you locktite the case cover bolts???
2- Any specific lbs. of torque to apply to the case cover bolts?

OEM Case off and looking at inside of new cover:
Busa003.jpg

Startor parts ready for the exchange:
Busa004-1.jpg

All parts and gasket in the new cover:
Busa010-1.jpg

New cover set into place and bolted down:
Busa011-1.jpg

I'm no wrench, but pretty straight forward exchange....like it's been said...watch out for your fingers when putting the new cover into place...the pickup core does pull the case right out of your hands!

It's taken me 2 days, working off and on to get this mod and my speedohealer done.......2 days and nights and my Po-Boy Wheel Stand is still holding up:thumbsup:
Busa011.jpg

Thanks for all the help and forum coverage from you guys that have already done this...it gave me the support I needed to attempt this:bowdown:
Hmm?....what's next:whistle:

???Uh...I wouldn't be working outside in the F-ing gravel if I had a garage ya numb nut!

Just Kidding, :laugh:

Thanks for the kudos guys.
but don't forget my questions.....

Got 2 Questions....you guys that have done this mod....
1 - Did you locktite the case cover bolts
2- Any specific lbs. of torque to apply to the case cover bolts?

1. Yes
2. There was a TQ, but I don't remember what it was. I didn't bring my book with me. :)

A recommendation, and you may hear others say otherwise, but:
leave the lower off and ride a few miles with it, or idle for awhile... then let her cool down and check the TQ. I found that after a few miles, I had to re-tq the cover... my guess is because of heat expansion and contraction, but I am no engineer... anyway, with the lower installed, there are a couple of bolts that you won't be able to get to.

Just my .02

MCM

Thanks MC,

Yeah, had already thought about running the engine in idle, but mostly to make sure it still starts:please: before I put it all back together!

I can only imagine 10lbs. on the torque should be plenty!

Did you put locktite on the three bolts that hold the stator in the cover???

That's a must, you don't want those to back out!!!!

I do not lock-tite the case cover bolts. I don't know the torque, either, just gave a "snuggie" one at a time, alternating sides.

--Wag--

The torque numbers are in the shop manual linked to this website. YES, AND use the right color locktite! No sense taking any chances!

using med strength loctite on the bolt covers is not a problem. That is how I do it. Suzuki prolly dont recommend it cause half their bolts seem to be welded on anyway!!

Well the deed is done:thumbsup:

I enjoyed the tinkering, but not sure how I feel about the looks...hmmm?
Check it out....
Busa022.jpg

Busa017.jpg

Went for a little spin and everything seems AOK, Srarted right up and the Speedohealer was right on to the .10th of a mile and the recall button showed how slow I poked along with my Daughter on the back. Precious cargo, you know!

I'll give it a thorough:whistle:testing on the way to work Weds.
Thanks for all the help and encouragement:bowdown:

Barry - that silver woodcraft looks great!! Matches the bike perfect. :bowdown:

Back