start trouble 08 bus

codiejay

Registered
so Mabe a year and a half ago I had a wreck on my bike ,I pretty much fixed the front in and replace the radiator, there was no engine damage...I sent it to the shop so I could make sure the engine was fine and that every thing was working fine on the bike ,also he change the radiator on my bike , he sent it back which he told me he got it to run for but when I got it ,I can't get it to run

replaced the battery (brand new),it act like it wanted to crank but then ,it went to doing nothing.....charge the battery and then took it too auto zone ,they said it was fully charged ... hook it back up Nothing .didnt do Nothing at all except the usual noise when you turn the key from the pump ,so I go a screw driver place it on the solenoid and it start to turn over but still didn't crank ......what can I do to get my bike running

Welcome, sorry to hear of your woes...it is never a fun thing to try and diagnose over the internet...

We know:
Battery is charged
Fuel pump primes

What we don't know:
What kind of damage was done to the bike...were the fairings wrecked,
Did the bike lay on it's side for a while? nd if so, which side?
What comes up on the dash? Does the gear indicator come up? Does this (-) come up?

You could have a myriad of issues and they could be a real bear to chase....

Did you call the shop who said they had it running? I take it you had to ship the bike there?

Lots of questions I know but the answer is not cut and dry....

Welcome, sorry to hear of your woes...it is never a fun thing to try and diagnose over the internet...

We know:
Battery is charged
Fuel pump primes

What we don't know:
What kind of damage was done to the bike...were the fairings wrecked,
Did the bike lay on it's side for a while? nd if so, which side?
What comes up on the dash? Does the gear indicator come up? Does this (-) come up?

You could have a myriad of issues and they could be a real bear to chase....

Did you call the shop who said they had it running? I take it you had to ship the bike there?

Lots of questions I know but the answer is not cut and dry....
From what I remember it was on the left side and it got dragged on a flat bed ,but this is what it looked like ,the only light that comes on my dash in the high beam light ,which I think I bought a bad one or the fuse is blown ,the wire harness was kinda jack but he told me it was still good

IMG_4989.jpeg

IMG_4990.jpeg

IMG_4991.jpeg

IMG_4993.jpeg

IMG_4992.jpeg

From what I remember it was on the left side and it got dragged on a flat bed ,but this is what it looked like ,the only light that comes on my dash in the high beam light ,which I think I bought a bad one or the fuse is blown ,the wire harness was kinda jack but he told me it was still good

View attachment 1666931

View attachment 1666932

View attachment 1666933

View attachment 1666934

View attachment 1666935
I hate to say this to you but you could probably find a good used Gen 2 for the cost and headache you are going to have..

Just by looking at it, I'd say most of the electronic switches are suspect. Clutch and tip over switch come to mind.

Well I allready bought parts and put most of the on mabe at the beginning of the yr ,a got fairings and all so I just gotta get it running this is how it looks now

IMG_3080.jpeg

IMG_3079.jpeg

IMG_3078.jpeg

IMG_3081.jpeg

Well I allready bought parts and put most of the on mabe at the beginning of the yr ,a got fairings and all so I just gotta get it running this is how it looks now

View attachment 1666936

View attachment 1666937

View attachment 1666938

View attachment 1666939
Not for us to judge your intentions.........if you are determined to get this bike going, you shall.....

I'd start by checking the tip over switch, clutch switch and going over the harness and all connections.....did the fuse panel take a good smack maybe? Check all those relays as well...

I'd start to systematically go through the system and make sure the power is going to where it needs to go

Back