STANDS

03busa40th

Registered
WoW just bought some suzuki stands, which I am pretty happy with compare to pitbull ect...
Well My bike is lifted 1" and running 190/55 D206gp's on it, so it much higher off the ground than a "normal" busa. To my surprise I attempted to place the beast on the rear stand and its just about impossible to to because of the angle, you have to get on the side of it ( and its tilted VERY far over on the kick stand) push it level, then try to manuver yourself to the back to get the stand in place. I try to "push" my hands apart and the stand down to lift it....well lets just say it WAS A DIVING SAVE !!!!! just barley saved it before it hit the ground, and ofcourse with the ol' heart pumping I gave it another shot with a helper that went perfect, and the front is NO trouble at all. ofcourse at 150lbs it takes a jump with all my wieght to get the front stand down lol.
Any how is their any way or tricks tips to "get it up " better
laugh.gif

it just feels soo heavy pushing the rear stand down!!!
Thanks, Rocky

I simply stick a block of wood under the bikes side stand to get the bike standing up straight (almost straight) then put her up on the rear stand, I also take off the hump so that I can hold onto a bar inside just in case something goes wrong, easy smeasy just dont use your stands on carpet, ask me why.

zzwhip.gif
PM -->
V-Max 2 Busa @ Jul. 27 2008 said:
1487171[/ATTACH] PM]
I simply stick a block of wood under the bikes side stand to get the bike standing up straight (almost straight) then put her up on the rear stand, I also take off the hump so that I can hold onto a bar inside just in case something goes wrong, easy smeasy just dont use your stands on carpet, ask me why.
Well, just did the "block of wood thing" and it worked great!!! This may seem wierd but why not on carpet?? I put mine on carpet in the living room (its better than tv lol) last night?

zzwhip.gif

zzwhip.gif
PM -->
V-Max 2 Busa @ Jul. 27 2008 said:
1487199[/ATTACH] PM]
Well, just did the "block of wood thing" and it worked great!!! This may seem wierd but why not on carpet?? I put mine on carpet in the living room (its better than tv lol) last night?
Well if ya do it with both wheels still on I guess you'll be OK but the first time I used my stands I put it up on the rear stand and removed the rear wheel then proceded to put the front up with a Pitbull headstock type stand, this pulled the bike forward and off the rear stand (if you are on concrete the rear stand will slide/roll forward and not pivot out from under the bike), bike didn't fall over sideways but it was a pain in the azz to get it back up on the rear stand.

zzwhip.gif

ooo00oo, Well the stands I have work great on the carpet, but I dont think I will use them in the house much
smile.gif

Thanks, for the advise guys!!!
beerchug.gif

Back