Stalled at stop sign

RedBusarider

Registered
Hi Everyone,
I took my Busa out last week and went down the road 1 mile to a stop sign and be bike stalled. I re-started it with no problems and it was OK for the rest of the ride that day. About a week later it did the exact same thing in the exact same place. I've been down this rode (I live on it) lots of times and never had this problem before. It's a 2004 with only 3500 miles on it. Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe a fuel filter? Maybe the battery needs a good charge?
Thanks for any help and or ideas. Maybe someone else has had this happen and can lead me in the right direction to start.

There is a couple busa i work on around here that are known to drop the idle after time. Mine is one of them...

There is a couple busa i work on around here that are known to drop the idle after time. Mine is one of them...

As much as I hate to say, mine is one that I find myself constantly having to adjust up the idle.

My tech shows 950 - 1000 at idle.
Isn't that where it should be?
If not how much higher should I adjust it to?
Thanks again.

Yep thats the problem. 1250 is where it should be........problem solved.

When idle drops below 1000, you get stalls. Best bet like they all say 1150-1250 rpm on the idle. I keep a screw driver handy just in case it needs a little adjustment.

Mine is getting to that time to adjust the idle also. 3600mi and adjusted it several times already. Am thinking about getting the older style cable so can adjust it on the fly with ease. Suzuki went from lean over to adjust to park,lift tank and long screwdriver. What were they thinking? Pretty sure one of our sponsors can hook you up if you decide to change it.

Adjust idle after she warms up. Cold is why we have the fast idle on the handlebar. Can ride with that fully-partially engaged until you get idle adjusted. Wont hurt anything. 1150 bare min for the idle.

Mine does that too, I adjusted the idle and changed the plugs and now it seems to be better. Also, you said on your road. If its recently been fired up "cold" it will do that more. I always ride easy the first 15 mins. or so.

Mine too. At 3300 miles her idle had dropped to like 750-800 rpm. Heck, it would die during slow shifts - very annoying if not dangerous. Just had it bumped to about 1100 rpm and its like a new bike.

+1 on the idle. When I got mine it had 2000 miles on it and idle was about 900-950. It would die if I reved it, accelerated hard and shifted slow, it would stall all the time. It would even stall when trying to take off from a stop sometimes. Idled up to about 1200 and haven't had a problem since.

Always set mine at about 1250. With the throttles tightly synch'd, the engine never wanders !!! :super:

Your idle is probably set to low.

+1 Mine slipped down to around 900. slight tweak of the idle adjust screw and it's at 1100. At night when i down shifted, as i pulled in the clutch the lights would go dim till i brought the revs back up. funny what 200 revs will do, but mine doesnt stall anymore!:thumbsup:

Back