Squid list?

brian7396

Donating Member
Registered
should we, in our grand wisdom of what a squid is, have a list of what makes US a squid? i know that i personally have done things that rank me right up there. i like bikes that are load (straight pipes sound good to some people and no to others) so thats one for me. i have pulled a wheelie, thats two. i have been seen speeding, thats three.

i guess what im really trying to say is that if i post up a question and someone can give me answers without sarcasim, name calling or any other negative comments to make me look and feel stupid then by all means reply. if not, then please dont.

this thread was written after reading a thread about straight pipes on a busa. if im out of line, well im just sorry.
moon.gif

If theres a list of 20 things that makes u a squid I've done 15, and probably still do five.

Wheelies
burnouts
speeding
making youtube vids
and wrecking my bike

Even this civilized place has a bunch of jerks as members.

My list includes just about every offense to include riding without a shirt or helmet around the beach with flip flops and shorts. However, I have not done so at high speeds or while stunting.

Quite a few of us have survived our squid stage, myself included. I don't feel like a hypocrite either when I call some dude a squid. They are what they are.

Hopefully, people will eventually get over that testosterone poisoning and learn to be safe, considerate, and rational while on their bikes.

Of course, if they get an adrenaline machine like a Busa, all bets are off, at least for a while!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

biggrin.gif

My list includes just about every offense to include riding without a shirt or helmet around the beach with flip flops and shorts. However, I have not done so at high speeds or while stunting.
+1
and wheelies w/o a helmet. (no flip-flops though)
flame on, flame on
cool.gif

I've never done anything squidly on my bike. I don't even exceed the speed limit

cool.gif

I ain't admitting nothing!

Heres my question to all of you.
Do you EVER get over a "squid" stage?
I mean, if speeding and passing people in anything but the fast lane are squid things then arent we all squids, always.
I've called numerous guys squids for riding at high RPM's through neighborhoods (specially mine) and then caught myself ripping the throttle on back roads past some ones house.
Theres a time and a plce for things to be done.
Some of us say backroads only, some of us say highway only. Others will say drag or track ONLY. And it dont mean $hi* without a slip.
So yea i guess i fall into several categories of squid, as MOST of us do.
Its just SOOO much easier to burn someone else on the topic, and have the masses agree.

beerchug.gif

lurk.gif

I cannot tell a lie, I will be squidding today, sometime you just gotta
beerchug.gif

Can I be the squid king? :-)

My summer riding gear is complete with shorts, a t-shirt, and sandles. I do wear a helmet though
firedevil.gif

I was always under the impression that a "squid" is riding with no gear, like a "squid" is soft and fragile.. I did not know they are also able to ride wheelies and split traffic:)

I think everyone has been guilty at some point, I mean personally (being older and wiser) I would not ride without a helmet and I still crack up at people that ride with a helmet strapped to the bike, it reminds me of an Evil Knevil special from 1975 where he was in Vegas riding a Captain America with the HUGE passanger backrest and his helmet was on top of the backrest. If gear has saved anyone......

BUT, heat index of 115 and leather just does not cut it for me.

+1
and wheelies w/o a helmet. (no flip-flops though)
flame on, flame on
cool.gif
cool.gif
beerchug.gif

According to the "Squid" behaviors set forth by certain members here, I am a squid every time I ride.... AND I like it !!!!
cool.gif

Ride on fellow squids.....
winkold.gif
beerchug.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

beerchug.gif

I was always under the impression that a "squid" is riding with no gear, like a "squid" is soft and fragile.. I did not know they are also able to ride wheelies and split traffic:)

I think everyone has been guilty at some point, I mean personally (being older and wiser) I would not ride without a helmet and I still crack up at people that ride with a helmet strapped to the bike, it reminds me of an Evil Knevil special from 1975 where he was in Vegas riding a Captain America with the HUGE passanger backrest and his helmet was on top of the backrest. If gear has saved anyone......

BUT, heat index of 115 and leather just does not cut it for me.
+1

I have always thought the same thing.

3) JR <--- squid
banana.gif

We have all done squidly things before and I for one fully expect to be slammed for said behavior if I deserve it.
laugh.gif

Part of life man.

Back