Sprocket sizes??

Please loan me your stage 1 an I will let you know how it goes I am at switching to a +3 in the rear soon :laugh:

Semd it to me in the next week or so an I can try out the stock gearing against the +3 an will give you all the info on the differences in performance

Last edited:
You have to remember tall gearing on a turbo bike "feels" like short gearing on a motor bike...I rode a friends 1397 geared 17-48, it felt so slow compared to my turbo bike geared 18-38. THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR BOOST!:bowdown:

Tried 17/43 but too many revs(for me anyway)at highway speeds,went to an 18 on the front which puts it back to almost stock(17/40 on a Gen 1).:thumbsup:

17/40 or taller. I had a 16/40 to make up for my 290#s plus gear, big mistake. It went through 5th gear by the 1000ft mark. It would not hook up at all on the strip. I run a 003 shinko, 6" over, 8psi in the rear. Short gearing was useless for me, I only ran .2 seconds faster than stock. I went back to stock gearing and ran almost 1 second quicker. A small turbo on stage 1 kits spools quack and don't need any help getting off of the line, because the torque does the work. The power has a linear transfer with taller gearing which equals a controlled launch with more traction. With short gearing on the street a piped 1k will have you wishing for less power.

I agree with this. I am 230#'s suited. I was at 6"s over. I had my bike set up at 10psi and was spinning the tire to the 1/8th mile mark on a 17/42 gearing set up. I knew instantly that a 16/42 would be even worse. I have now installed a 18T front sprocket and am currently praying that I can get the bike down the track this time. I was also running the Shinko 003 U-soft. I started at 20psi in the tire, which is where my bike would normally run when it was a motor/spray bike. I was down to 6psi and never hooked at all. Yes the tire was new and good. I gave it to my buddy who never had a trouble with it. I am going to try the Michelin this year and the new front sprocket I mentioned earlier.

Back