Sprocket setup question

Not sure but i went -1F -1R. Feels fast. My buddys bike dynod close 2hp off of mine but with my gf on board (90lbs) a roll race is neck and neck.

I was also wondering about gearing. What's a good set up for a little extra acceleration, but still good for the street?

If you're going to stay with the stock wheelbase(and just have an everyday street bike)you may want to consider keeping the stock 18T on the front and even dropping a tooth(to a 42T)on the rear to help cut down on the wheelies in 1st gear.That's what they did when Richard Gadson ran an 8.99 on Brocks '08 Busa(I'm running 18/44 on mine and a wheelie's guaranteed at the top of 1st gear,and wants to float a bit even at the top of 2nd).

i dont go down in the front. it makes the bike jumpy and cuts down life in the chain. also heard since the chain wraps tighter around a smaller fron that it can rob power. i went up 3 in teh rear and it was fun and smooooth. but after getting my ECU tuned, it ran so good and hard that i went back to stock gearing so i didnt have to shift as much.

-1 front doesnt make it jumpy. Granite im not a full -1 front since i also went -1 rear. Its not going to change your chain life if any that much especially since the gen1 stock was 17T.

To each his own but I feel my bike is still very streetable. I love it, love the little bit extra boost in engine breaking too.

Back