sprocket for Gen II 1/4 mile

K-Horn

Registered
After lots of searching on here, I have seen tons of sprocket talk. However, little info for Gen II's. I am looking for the best sprocket ratio for 1/4 mile for a Gen II. Keeping in mind I daily ride this so it can't be too aggressive. What have you done as far as sprockets for your Gen II? Notice much difference? What was, if any, your drop in E.T.s? Thanks all!

Stock length or are you extended? If you are stock length you would be better off dropping a couple teeth off the rear sprocket rather than adding teeth. It will make it a lot easier to control off the line. I am +7 over and am currently running -1/+4 right now

Currently I am stock wheelbase but when I change the sprocket I plan to do a mild stretch.

This isn't my game, but I hear one down up front and plus three or four on the rear. The rear can be easily changed to meet your needs. It would only take 15 minutes to swap rear sprockets before heading to the track.

I am +8 on the stretch and when I rode mine on the street I was using 16/47 gearing and then for the track I would change the rear to a 52t or 54t. Keep in mind I am a big guy 300 pounds so this was the reason I used so much gear. also another factor in gearing is the rear tire diameter and the gearing change will also affect the speedo reading. If you dont have a speedo healer i would get one.

Back