Gen II switchback question - I searched... Really!

ddd269

Registered
Gen II switchback question. What 1157 socket (I guess the rear) do I need to get for the front switchback mod? Will the gen II rear sockets fit the fronts for the switchback mod or do I need a different one like the gen I rear socket? Or are they the same?

I've searched but I can't find this answer... I see lots of gen I mods but no gen II. I think my searching ability sucks.

Also, will a 40+ LED tower switchback fit the gen II housing?

Thanks guys.

I bought Gen 1 rear tail light sockets

if you go to autoillumination they also have the replacement internal for the socket.

Go to 1157 Led section
Almost near the bottom of the page, Bayonet Pigtail Pigtail Socket Receptacles.
Part# 62-30
Seems hard to take out the center metal piece from the stock socket but you it will come out.

oh yeah
I used the Gen 1 Receptacles and stuffed it into the Gen 2 socket

you can use the Gen 1 socket but you have to trim the plastic lock so it will fit the housing.

photo.jpg

I need 3 wires for the socket right? one for constant on, one for the turn signal and the other for (-). Correct? If this is true, when I look up the Gen I sockets, I only see 2 wires. Even the Autolumination innards have 2 wires only. I'm I misunderstanding this whole thing?

Help...

yeah the item you buy from autoillumination will only have 2 wires.

the 3rd wire which will be the ground wire is already on your OEM socket.
you can see this on my picture. It is that one solo wire, black with white stripe.

yeah the item you buy from autoillumination will only have 2 wires.

the 3rd wire which will be the ground wire is already on your OEM socket.
you can see this on my picture. It is that one solo wire, black with white stripe.

Ahhhh~ Thanks Dj!

Back