Sprocket for acceleration

dean.v

Registered
Hi

I'm after a new rear sprocket for the busa. I want acceleration. What options are there and what will top speed end up at? Also fixing the speedo.

Cheers

Stock gearing is 18/43...go +3 on the rear...18/46

Just do it and smile...trust me :beerchug:
Posted via Mobile Device

If you do a lot of freeway riding you may be better off with stock,i had 17/43 on my Gen.1(for a short time)and got tired of the increased revs. at freeway speeds(great for around town though)so went to 18/43(which i understand is the same as Gen.2).

-1 in front and a TRE will do fine depending on your weight. If its not enough try +2 in rear. I ran 16/45 on my Gen1 with a TRE and ran out the back door.

Gve me a shout when you get time and we will discuss your riding style and get you setup.. 503-663-3278

Gearing it down for acceleration will make the speedo off even more than it already is. Lots of fun but a speedohealer will almost be a must. 18 46 on my Gen II

I have a 45T Vortex rear. Great compromise that still gives you a noticeable difference. If you go w/ either that or the 46 and you'll def add some grin to that smile :thumbsup:

SprockChainAdj.JPG

I just switched from stock to 17/43 on my gen1 and although it was fun at first I am getting tired of the high rpms while freeway driving. I am going back to stock I think.

Back