Upgraded Sprocket and actual change in MPH on Sppedo?

DragginBusa

Registered
Hi everyone! I wanted to get some feedback regarding MPH difference (on speedo) when upgrading the rear sprocket. I am looking to go to a SuperSprox 46T rear sprocket and I know I will need to do the Speedo Healer, but I wanted to know what the actual difference would be on the speedo without one? I do plan on doing it just really curious as to whether or not it is a real necessity to do the speedo healer at the same time as the rear sprocket or not.

Thanks guys!:thumbsup:

Check out the SpeedoDRD as well. I went with it as it is a smaller device and works great.

The websites for SpeedoDRD and Speedo Healer have calculators that may be able to give you a good idea of the change in MPH. Also, check out gearing commander, it has some good resources as well.

u need a healer for the stock setup from what I hear :laugh:

I went with a yellow box after putting 220 mph faceplates and just dialed it in after 2 years of indicating a difference of almost 20 mph :laugh: Finallt got tired of the bad readings

Looks like a 12 - 13 MPH delta. You'd run 45 indicated in a 55. Not hard to remember. I'd GPS it after throwing the sprocket on to be sure.

I went with the Gen I.

Just go to gearingcommander.com

Not to tread jack...BUT when I got pulled over the cop pegged me at 100 and I was pretty damn close. Stock

Thanks guys!!! Appreciate it! I will try to do a before and after comparison if I can (hopefully without tickets involved :please: :laugh:)

mine is 14% off so I just add everytime . I need a speedhealer bad!

My speedo was off by about 7% from the factory and when I went to a 46t that adds about another 8% error for a total of 15%. Road it stock for a couple seasons and then for almost a year with the sprocket change so the miles on the odometer added up a lot faster and at 15%,I probably ended up showing a lot of extra miles over the years. 6000 miles at 8% (480) and another 3000 miles at 15% error (450) is an extra 930 miles that aren't really there. Not good for resale but I'm not selling anytime soon so what ever...... Get the speedo healer soon cause you can't take the miles back off once they're on there.

Back