Spring, so close you can smell it....

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Hey guys, (and gals)

It looks like we are on the downhill slope of a very cold and long winter here on the forum. In the past serveral months I think that at some point we all had just about seen and heard enough from people. Great news though... riding weather is upon us. It was 68 degrees here today (will be in the 30's tonight) but we are almost out of the cabin!

For the folks that have put off going to an event to meet the other members I can't tell you how much fun it is to put names and faces together. I look forward to getting back with you all and it's almost like going to summer camp with your wife... (get your minds out of the gutter, Not that kinda camp).

With all the frustrations and lots of topics to argue about let's get things back on track. With spring comes new people to the site and some new and old needs. We have started to see a pretty significant increase in users on the forum and that tells us the early birds are getting ready.

Please welcome the new folks and help them with the questions that they have about maintanence and mods on the bikes. Remember we were all there at one point and time... I saw the pay it forward thread pop back up a day or two ago and thats good news too. Gonna be a few needing extra things so lets offer items up if you have them and don't need them.

Finally I challenge all of you to meet the other busa owners in your areas and drag them to the org. Its the people here that make this place so great.

It looks like this year I will be going to the bash with the wife... Eureka with the wife and I can't believe that I'm typing this but Busa159 wants to ride the bikes to the Stampede. I think I can make it 1600 miles one way but Scar you better have an inflatable doughnut when I get there.....

Of course we will have the 3rd annual caps get together. in Oct.. We are going to try to do a few different things this year... Maybe a track day!

It is going to be a super action packed spring and summer so please all start making plans to attend an event or at least ride with some new folks from your area.

There is a lot of work that is being done behind the scenes on the events... Grumpy, Mrs Grumpy, Mr Bogus, Gixxerhp and many many more have been working to make things run smoothly at the bash...

Scar and Warchild have put tons of hours into the Reno event and it is ramping up to be a great west coast event! This one should be an opportunity for me to meet a lot of new people, I am really excited about this one...

As you warm up your bikes, pull the covers off and realize you need tires or are going to put a mod on please don't forget the advertisers that we have here.. These companies have all stuck with us over the winter months when business was slow so let's offer them up some sales. If you support them they support us.....

At the end of it all I appreciate you all and what you have done for me and my family. This winter no member were killed over an argument and thats always good... Now let's get ready for what we do the best.... Ride, Ride and ride some more... Tell stories and support each other...

cap

Yep, we will be breaking over the freezing point 1 or 2 days this next week..

Right on, Cap!!!

Welcome newbs, thanks sponsors!

Dust it, polish it, lube it ~ let's get out and ride!!!

Yee-hah!

:beerchug:

Cap at the Stampede!!!! :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

See ya there Brother!!!

Wonder if the members to the east of you are riding or trailering in.

It is said there's a mythical Busa rider that would do that 1600 in a day. :bowdown:

Well said Cap, we will see you at all of those events. And I think I am will haul my bike to Reno!:laugh:

finally hit 36 degrees here...made me want to go for a ride!!!

I know I'm looking forward to meeting fellow orgters this year at the Stampede and HOPEFULLY a bash or or other get togethers.

COME ON SPRING:please::please::please:

woohoo, i know i am ready...bring on the warmer weather :beerchug:

Over a foot of snow on the ground and more coming on Tuesday. Hasn't been out of the 30's in weeks and with the wife flaking out on me I'm thinking of going south and not looking back. Pack a few things, point the K8 south and keep on going. See ya some where?

Was sunny and down right spring like up here today... :thumbsup:

Kinda felt like spring...

I tell ya, if it gets any colder here I won't be able to go to the beach on my rides anymore! C'mon spring!!! :laugh:

IMG_0140.jpg

I hope your right about the weather.Thousands without power here going on a week.Shelters 2 capacity Ky has national guard called in.My power on water not fit 2 drink due to pumps going down 2 WATR DEPT (lost power)EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE GIVING WATER AWAY @ FIRE STATIONS AND DELIVERING IT..Ky got it the worse entire town of madosonville lost power.Im loaning my generater+kerosene heater 2 my sister 2day + hoping my power stays on.There warning can go back off during thaw process.
Bring on the good weather neighbor were ready 4 it. The ice storms were unreal here power lines+ trees down everywere transformers blowing up all over was like fireworks display.

View attachment 1515136

x2quzc.jpg

2dlnb7c.jpg

2ibku83.jpg

Power company crews from mich.+ even wisconsin down here helping us

were all thankfull 4 them.I been pulling 13 hour days 6 days a week in home heating job.getting 2 the homes I can.

Last edited:
Back