Forums opened for guests again

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
All,
Every once in awhile I look to the stats on the main page and see that we have hundreds of folks lurking around. To get a better idea of who they are I sometimes will lock the forums so only registered members can see the threads. I did that for about the past 2 weeks and that will incent folks to register to see the content. It gives us an indicator on if there are just links to pictures from other forums or if people are truly interested in seeing the content. I know that when I get a link to a site and I am forced to register I typically just go back to reading because I just don't have the time or energy to sign up for every forum I see.

We have seen a lot of new people posting on the forum and that is great news too. We welcome everyone to participate and be a part of the family.....

We registered 409 new members in Nov so there is still a ton of activity and lots of people looking for information about the bike and a place to call home... I challenge all of our regular members to welcome the new folks when you see them post, send them a PM and tell them you are glad to be here and most importantly be there to guide them, answer questions and invite them to events that we have.

We were all new to this place at one point and time, if you have been around then post up and invite people to be a part of the site. Sit back and remember what it was like when you were new to the group and someone out there was kind and friendly to you, if they weren't then you know what needs to be done too.

We all need to take a couple of minutes and think about what this site has done for us, what we have put into it and how it has effected us. Friends we have made, comments that gave us courage, empathy, understanding? It's a tough time of year for many and I have come to understand that the greatest family and for some the only family they might have is the friends here at Hayabusa.org.... Please make an extra effort this holiday season to invite folks to talk, support each other with kind positive words and let everyone know they are important and not alone.....

Welcome to all of our new folks..... Just ask questions if you have them, post up lots of pics and know that it's a busy time of year but if you post a question someone will answer it.....

Happy Hollidays

CAp

I have always disliked having to register at a site to view content.. If the content is worthwhile and I want to comment, I would register... very few sites get my ramblings.. :rofl: lucky them..

I like the open forums although I do think there should be restrictions on the "for sale" areas.. Minimum post count to post an item and they should "bump" to the top when replied too as well (I know Omar was looking into that issue)

Missed you at dinner Friday BTW Doug..

Back