Spring Bash Photo option

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, as I understand, Killboy will not be doing our photos any longer at bash..

I have spoken with US129 and he would "LOVE" to do them for us..

We have worked out a "tentative" idea on how this would work..(open to suggestions btw)

During the week of busa bash, he will be taking photos in his regular spot on the dragon..

Busa Bash attendees that desire to be included in the "individual" bike shots will be given a specific marking device to be put on their bike.

Throughout the week of bash, every picture of a bike with this "ID mark" will be put on to a single CD and given to everyone that has "pre paid"

He will ALSO, meet us and do the "Group" shot.. and include it on the CD..

So, in short, you get all your photos from the Dragon during the week, every one elses photos that is pre-paid for the week as well AND finally the group shot that he will come do for us..

Cost: $25 (I spent $58 on photos from KB/US129 myself at fall bash)

If you think this sounds like something we should do, then post up here, We will set up a payment link or work a way to include it with the food as we get closer to bash.. Just trying to square away a few details early so we do not have to fool with later..

Will that also include shots of us running curve on 28?

Some may only ride the dragon once or twice...or not at all. The curve gives one more opportunities for a good photo...

:2cents:

Will that also include shots of us running curve on 28?

Some may only ride the dragon once or twice...or not at all. The curve gives one more opportunities for a good photo...

:2cents:

The following is just my opinion...

I see (have seen) problems with that shoot and is also why at past bash's I have left pretty early (as did a few others I was riding with) and that is the safety issue..

people line up on the outside of the curve and it is a disaster waiting to happen.. many notice this but only a few move out of the way.. I think this could be a contributing factor to the "Killboy" drop out.. Manny crashed and fortunately it was late in the corner and going the other direction.. Had he been coming the other way, I fear what the outcome might have been... a wall of spectators on the outside of the bend would have been a sure disaster..

I happen to be one of those that stays pretty much "off the dragon" as I prefer other roads.. however, the speeds where photos are shot are slower and well lit.. I was more than happy with the few shots I got with Busa159 and RacerV at last bash.. (only 1 pass)

but at least the shots are good and not much pressure to "hang it all out"..

Could be a bit controversial and surely open to conversation, but I for one would feel a lot worse than I did if someone got hurt during the runs at the hwy 28 corner...

sample shot from US129

IMG_7814.JPG

Ok, as I understand, Killboy will not be doing our photos any longer at bash..

I have spoken with US129 and he would "LOVE" to do them for us..

We have worked out a "tentative" idea on how this would work..(open to suggestions btw)

During the week of busa bash, he will be taking photos in his regular spot on the dragon..

Busa Bash attendees that desire to be included in the "individual" bike shots will be given a specific marking device to be put on their bike.

Throughout the week of bash, every picture of a bike with this "ID mark" will be put on to a single CD and given to everyone that has "pre paid"

He will ALSO, meet us and do the "Group" shot.. and include it on the CD..

So, in short, you get all your photos from the Dragon during the week, every one elses photos that is pre-paid for the week as well AND finally the group shot that he will come do for us..

Cost: $25 (I spent $58 on photos from KB/US129 myself at fall bash)

If you think this sounds like something we should do, then post up here, We will set up a payment link or work a way to include it with the food as we get closer to bash.. Just trying to square away a few details early so we do not have to fool with later..

Sounds fantastic to me but I'm just a newb to the Bash

I will probably participate to get the group shots, really, how many more pictures do I need of me on the Dragon or Highway 28 :)

I think that is a great idea.. count me in.
Much safer than that slippery corner that manny wiped out in. I made it one time through and felt the rear break alittle so i gave up and didn't get any shots in.
Marking the bikes for photos and only $25 for all the pix on the dragon, sounds like a great deal considering i paid 20 for only 1 shot last time down.

I will probably participate to get the group shots, really, how many more pictures do I need of me on the Dragon or Highway 28 :)
I am sure we can do something about the group shot for anyone not getting the Dragon shots.. I will talk to him about this and see what he thinks.. if enough guys want the actions shots, I am sure he is going to be pretty easy to get along with on the group shot..

great deal, thanks for setting it up, if I can make the spring bash, I'm in :thumbsup:

I never said I "will not be doing your photos." I did say I will not be doing the action sessions on 28 for a set fee anymore, as it is not fair to my partners. I can still do the group photo, and can still do an action session down on 28, but the photos will go in the store at regular prices to keep it fair to my partners. They are losing sales from shooting the Dragon because I'm down there hooking you guys up with a ton of pics for a low cost per person.

All of us here at killboy.com have enjoyed everything we've done together with the Hayabusa.org group, and we would hope you can appreciate the extra steps we take to ensure you all have the best time you can while here.

Understood.. you gotta take care of the $$ first... The competition for photos seems to be heating up every year there...

I never said I "will not be doing your photos." I did say I will not be doing the action sessions on 28 for a set fee anymore, as it is not fair to my partners. I can still do the group photo, and can still do an action session down on 28, but the photos will go in the store at regular prices to keep it fair to my partners. They are losing sales from shooting the Dragon because I'm down there hooking you guys up with a ton of pics for a low cost per person.

All of us here at killboy.com have enjoyed everything we've done together with the Hayabusa.org group, and we would hope you can appreciate the extra steps we take to ensure you all have the best time you can while here.

Darryl,

Thanks for registering and posting that up. I did my best to explain the reason behind the change. I have been out of the office and back in the hospital or I would have already responded and responded also to the PM I got from Randy.

And my bro, I fully understand. With more than one person in a business, it can be difficult.

In the past few years, killboy and their entire crew have provided us with the most outstanding action and group shots on the Gap and surrounding area. I have known Darryl for many years and HE has alway be more than willing to work with us, accommodate our needs and have some fun.

With pricing a concern, I would still rather pay Darryl for the online shots. Keep in mind we can always go anywhere for the the shots. Maybe even the Skyway....

Thanks again Darryl for all you have done for us bro!

I am always open to suggestions, but seeing as Killboy has been the "go to crew" I'm +1 with Vman on maintaining loyalties...with that said, I will side with whatever the organizers decide to do. I am here just waiting to be given something to do, as always. Whatever the outcome Lycan is in on it, just say the word.:thumbsup:

I say we stick with Killboy, they have always done right by the group and provide some amazing pics. :beerchug: Maybe we look at other options in pricing, pay more for two people or something. If your average purchase from killboy's site is 5 pix at $5 per pic without a group shot, everyone chip in $20 for a dvd and get all of the group & individual shots as well. We get 50 folks to buy, thats $1000. I'm pretty certain we can talk Darryl and his partners to come out for a few hours and shoot anything we want for that kinda cash :thumbsup: :whistle:

I'd be up for both, Pay the flat fee to 129 and get all the shots from the week and then have Killboy do the session and group shot. It'd be cool to get everybodys Dragon pics already sorted without having to dredge the website looking for them and then the multi shots done by darryl and the group thing also...

I say we stick with Killboy, they have always done right by the group and provide some amazing pics. :beerchug: Maybe we look at other options in pricing, pay more for two people or something. If your average purchase from killboy's site is 5 pix at $5 per pic without a group shot, everyone chip in $20 for a dvd and get all of the group & individual shots as well. We get 50 folks to buy, thats $1000. I'm pretty certain we can talk Darryl and his partners to come out for a few hours and shoot anything we want for that kinda cash :thumbsup: :whistle:

+1.

I see the problem on the 28 shoot.. there were like 350 photos and maybe 20-30 bikes? how many paid the nominal $10? I doubt that you are going to get 50 bikes to do $20+ for the same shoot..

I understand the $$ part of this (most photogs get $85+ per hour) but I think that for an hour or 2 worth of shooting time $200-$300 is not all that bad.. But there is obviously more money in shooting individual bikes on the dragon during that same time. Also we have been rained out at the 28 shoot... leaving us with no option for action shots..

I spent $50 + on photos at Fall bash and personally am kind of uneasy with the hwy 28 shoot for obvious reasons...

I do not feel I want to pay $50 or more on shots and then still have to spend another $10-20 for the group shot.. (am sure Darryl wants paid for that separate right?)

Also, getting shots of all the other members bikes for my archives is pretty tempting.. no way i can afford $600+ for photos at $6 each to have pictures of the .oRg members bikes.. just not practical for me..

Back