Spring Bash Photo option

I have a digital rebel and a 70/200 lens. I'm not a professional and I don't do this for a living. The 70/200 I have may also not be a good choice for the action photos. I may have to get a better lens.

I would be willing to take pics for the group. May have a few get-togethers prior to so I can get used to shooting bikes, but shouldn't be a big deal. All I ask is that my expenses are covered (dvds, mailers, postage, etc. - all this is relatively cheap) Covering the new lens would be cool too, but not necessary :whistle:

lmk.

Ok, as I understand, Killboy will not be doing our photos any longer at bash..

I have spoken with US129 and he would "LOVE" to do them for us..

We have worked out a "tentative" idea on how this would work..(open to suggestions btw)

During the week of busa bash, he will be taking photos in his regular spot on the dragon..

Busa Bash attendees that desire to be included in the "individual" bike shots will be given a specific marking device to be put on their bike.

Throughout the week of bash, every picture of a bike with this "ID mark" will be put on to a single CD and given to everyone that has "pre paid"

He will ALSO, meet us and do the "Group" shot.. and include it on the CD..

So, in short, you get all your photos from the Dragon during the week, every one elses photos that is pre-paid for the week as well AND finally the group shot that he will come do for us..

Cost: $25 (I spent $58 on photos from KB/US129 myself at fall bash)

If you think this sounds like something we should do, then post up here, We will set up a payment link or work a way to include it with the food as we get closer to bash.. Just trying to square away a few details early so we do not have to fool with later..

Looks like Biscuit did a great job setting this up. Loyalty to Killboy is one thing but loyalty works both ways so if Biscuit can hook up a better deal (and it looks like he did) then roll with it or let Killboy come back with a counter-offer that takes into consideration .org loyalty to him.

Looks like Biscuit did a great job setting this up. Loyalty to Killboy is one thing but loyalty works both ways so if Biscuit can hook up a better deal (and it looks like he did) then roll with it or let Killboy come back with a counter-offer that takes into consideration .org loyalty to him.

I cant tell you the number of times Darryl has worked with us, be it time, location or whatever. Not only is he IMO the best photographer on the Gap he is also my friend.

As I have said before, when you have others working with you, they have to considered well.

I'm down for $25 or whatever, its gonna be my first bash so i want record of it lol.

did i understand right that this would be included in food signup price.....added on i mean?
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm down for $25 or whatever, its gonna be my first bash so i want record of it lol.

did i understand right that this would be included in food signup price.....added on i mean?
Posted via Mobile Device
have not worked all that out yet.. figure wait till after the first of the year at least... did not want to start any trouble with anyone on the photo shoot thing but it cost me like $80 for photos at last bash by the time I was done..

lol i may end up just goin to the fall bash to make sure i have plenty of cash to spend should i wanna. don't wanna have to scrimp & save my way through cuz it'll be more stress than anything & won't be able to relax
Posted via Mobile Device

have not worked all that out yet.. figure wait till after the first of the year at least... did not want to start any trouble with anyone on the photo shoot thing but it cost me like $80 for photos at last bash by the time I was done..

You are causing no issues at all with me, I am just pointing out all that Darryl has done for us.

If the majority just wants to do the flat fee, then so be it.

I am game for whatever as well. My only suggestion is that the group shot be done a little different. I paid the money in the fall and the couple of group shots that are in there, you can't see me, my wife, or even the bike. So in the end, I paid the money to look at everyone else...:whistle:

I dont need any photos, I have front and rear mounted camera's that record my whole ride...lol but then again who knows

I dont need any photos, I have front and rear mounted camera's that record my whole ride...lol but then again who knows

Are you fast enough to take a pic or video of yourself ???

:rofl:

I am game for whatever as well. My only suggestion is that the group shot be done a little different. I paid the money in the fall and the couple of group shots that are in there, you can't see me, my wife, or even the bike. So in the end, I paid the money to look at everyone else...:whistle:

THOSE peeps gp on the back of the line in Spring bash bro:rofl::rofl::rofl:

But you got to stand near me!! (don't worry I couldn't see us either)

The group shot really is not much about "seeing yourself" or your bike... when fall bash is 60-80 bikes and Spring Bash is double that, it just is not going to happen.. There is PLENTY of opportunity to shoot your own pics during the group shot however..

The deal I have setup with the other photog will get you every shot of every bike that goes by over the 3 or 4 days that has pre-paid.. (will include the group shot as well)

I think I'll just buy individually.

Something about that '28 shoot' worries me...

Two thumbs up for Killboy!

Just curious if anything has been nailed down with this. All the talk was months back but now as it approaches has anything definite with US129 or Killboy been planned?

Just curious if anything has been nailed down with this. All the talk was months back but now as it approaches has anything definite with US129 or Killboy been planned?
Yes I just spoke with him and here is the deal..

US129 has 2 spots setup on the dragon (I think the other is "hillbilly" but will double check this)..

Friday and Saturday riders that are in on the group rate will get photos of "all" the bikes in the group rate.. (might be able to get thursday included too).

The photos will begin to post before you even get home and disks will go out within the week.. He will also do the group shot at Fontana or where we pick, he will also do photos for the Friday BBQ and party.. (we will feed them)..

US129 will handle everything (money,sticker, etc) for the photos and is really excited to be doing this..

At fall bash I spent $40 with US129, $55 with Killboy and then what ever the price was on the group shot (10 or 20?) so basically $100..

I hope this works out as good as it sounds :) I will post up payment information in the coming weeks..

Back