Spring Bash Picture Package Prepay

Again, if they usually camp out on the dragon to take pics of the riders and the dragon is closed...where are they going to set up to get rider pics aside form the phtotshoot?

I know Killboy and crew will be down on 28 from the last post I saw on his blog so we can definitely get pix from him :thumbsup: . Plenty of great curves and action on that road :)

Perhaps the Skyway will also become a place for pix, lord knows the background and turns provide for some amazing pics :cool:

So if the Dragon is closed during the Bash, is there an alternate location he'll use to get action shots?

This is from US129's site, but I'll call Dave just to verify everything is in order for the package.

Dave will be photographing along Highway 28 - a fast, rolling road from the Deals Gap store towards the Fontana dam. Kenny will be up along the Cherohala. Highway 116, and the whole Devil's Triangle is also an option.

Last edited:
This is from US129's site, but I'll call Dave just to verify everything is in order for the package.

Dave will be photographing along Highway 28 - a fast, rolling road from the Deals Gap store towards the Fontana dam. Kenny will be up along the Cherohala. Highway 116, and the whole Devil's Triangle is also an option.

This is good. It would be great to have times and locations so we can plan appropriately. It wouldn't be fun to pay and then be at all the right locations at the wrong time...

how do we get the green dots?

Thanks for checking with Dave! :beerchug:

This is good. It would be great to have times and locations so we can plan appropriately. It wouldn't be fun to pay and then be at all the right locations at the wrong time...

how do we get the green dots?

Thanks for checking with Dave! :beerchug:
No green dots this year, he'll only send DVD's to those who pay but you'll have all Hayabusas on them. I believe they use a filtering software that picks out Busas to speed their process. There were a couple errant pics on the DVD's last year but only a couple....everything else was all Busa! :thumbsup:

As for the times, I'll check but I'm going to bet with the Dragon being closed they'll be out during the daytime hours just like last year. I know I saw several of them out as early as 0830.

ok, so I've been scratching my head and just needa know....and the answer can come via PM if anyone wants to keep it off the boards....and I'm absolutely NOT looking to stir up anything here just the question is buggin me

Why are we using this group for our pix instead of Killboy, who's been incredibly good to us over the previous years? Is it pricing or does this guy do something different? I know we used to have dedicated pix from Killboy and he would go where ever we wanted, though the corner seemed to be the favorite place :cool:

Again not looking to start anything just wanted to understand the reasoning. Thanks! :thumbsup:

ok, so I've been scratching my head and just needa know....and the answer can come via PM if anyone wants to keep it off the boards....and I'm absolutely NOT looking to stir up anything here just the question is buggin me

Why are we using this group for our pix instead of Killboy, who's been incredibly good to us over the previous years? Is it pricing or does this guy do something different? I know we used to have dedicated pix from Killboy and he would go where ever we wanted, though the corner seemed to be the favorite place :cool:

Again not looking to start anything just wanted to understand the reasoning. Thanks! :thumbsup:

US129 did the photos last year at a killer rate and made the same deal this year for us. Killboy still offers photos at his web pricing but to my knowledge didn't want to offer the kind of group pricing to us last year that Dave did. You can't beat $25 for as many pics as we got and Dave went out of his way to take individual shots for those that requested it. He stayed behind after the group shot and did individual shots for several that requested it. He also showed up last year on Friday night and shot some more at the Philips.

Randy normally organizes the photo thing but is out this year for track days so I asked around and no one else seemed to be taking a run with this so I emailed Randy and asked a few questions then set this up with Dave from US129.

Question, I paid last year but didn't get there in time to get my sticker. I talked to one of the photog's last year and he told me to just email Dave which I did but never got a reponse. I did get the picutres but of course none of me, any one got any thoughts on what to do or maybe Dave's contact info?

US129 did the photos last year at a killer rate and made the same deal this year for us. Killboy still offers photos at his web pricing but to my knowledge didn't want to offer the kind of group pricing to us last year that Dave did. You can't beat $25 for as many pics as we got and Dave went out of his way to take individual shots for those that requested it. He stayed behind after the group shot and did individual shots for several that requested it. He also showed up last year on Friday night and shot some more at the Philips.

Randy normally organizes the photo thing but is out this year for track days so I asked around and no one else seemed to be taking a run with this so I emailed Randy and asked a few questions then set this up with Dave from US129.

Thanks, just wanted to know. I know there were some great deals to be had when Kevin was working with Killboy but if this guy's group does a good job then :thumbsup:

Question, I paid last year but didn't get there in time to get my sticker. I talked to one of the photog's last year and he told me to just email Dave which I did but never got a reponse. I did get the picutres but of course none of me, any one got any thoughts on what to do or maybe Dave's contact info?

Hmmm...most likely because the filter pulled out the gixxer750? ??? I'll PM you his contact info.

Thanks, just wanted to know. I know there were some great deals to be had when Kevin was working with Killboy but if this guy's group does a good job then :thumbsup:

Brian,

Killboy was ok doing photos but not for a set fee. Here is his quote:

Killboy said:
I never said I "will not be doing your photos." I did say I will not be doing the action sessions on 28 for a set fee anymore, as it is not fair to my partners. I can still do the group photo, and can still do an action session down on 28, but the photos will go in the store at regular prices to keep it fair to my partners. They are losing sales from shooting the Dragon because I'm down there hooking you guys up with a ton of pics for a low cost per person.

All of us here at killboy.com have enjoyed everything we've done together with the Hayabusa.org group, and we would hope you can appreciate the extra steps we take to ensure you all have the best time you can while here.
Linky

Brian,

Killboy was ok doing photos but not for a set fee. Here is his quote:

Linky

cool thanks! Just trying to figure it all out, been out of the loop the past couple but think that's gonna change moving forward, gonna try to start making the spring event each year but holding out the fall for some other rides, need to get out and find some other great places too :beerchug:

cool thanks! Just trying to figure it all out, been out of the loop the past couple but think that's gonna change moving forward, gonna try to start making the spring event each year but holding out the fall for some other rides, need to get out and find some other great places too :beerchug:

If you find those 'other places' down here, but sure to send out an invite :thumbsup:

If you find those 'other places' down here, but sure to send out an invite :thumbsup:

they arent necessarily in NC, but there are a number of them all over the country. I'm hoping to get out west this summer, will depend on work but hoping :please:

If I do haul west, I'll likely have some room in the trailer for those with the time to go, cuz payin for gas across country will suck! :laugh:

It appears the Dragon will be open for "local" traffic during the Bash. Not sure where the turn-around will be but US129 will not be open through the slide. I'll check with Dave to make sure the pics will be done on the Dragon and not elsewhere and let everyone know.

Back