Spring bash Attendees

Alrighty then! Mr. and Mrs. Twotone will be there, room 114 Wed thru Sunday in the apartment. Cant wait to see you guys. The Phillip is officially fully booked.

What's the coldest it's ever been there for the spring bash? Have you ever woken up to a frigid day?
I'm so outta touch with reality as far as weather goes I'm not sure what to bring?

its been cold in the mornings but usually warms up during the day. You might find that a good pair of thermals would be worth having with you. Also depending on the time of day or weather it can get a little chilly at the top of the skyway

Zuk I need temps. A little cold to you may be freezing and unbearable to me. :)
Uh did you say thermals? As in Long Johns? I don't even think they sell those in Florida? :laugh:

depends on what time you roll out, weather, etc I've rolled out in the 40s to catch breakfast at the CROT and its been in the upper 30s-40s on the skyway during a cold rain storm that rolled in. Just never know. Most of the days hopefully you will be in 60s-80s of course you just never know on the weather. It could even peek into the 90s but that's unlikely unless the weather is perfect. Also you will be rolling across varied terrain, you could be in the sun at around 2000 ft elevation and cross the skyway close to 6000 ft elevation in clouds/rain and 20degrees colder. Most folks will pack warm riding gear and layer under it as necessary. Rain is always a possibility as well, you could be as far as 200miles away from your room depending on your route so make sure you carry some kinda rain gear ... just to be safe.

Uh.....30s :hide:

Well everytime somebody visits here from up north they bring the bad weather with them so maybe I can do the opposite and ride up bringing the SUN :please:

Did he just say 30s?

Ohh drop the skirt will you, are you a man or a boy?
:laugh:

Well everytime somebody visits here from up north they bring the bad weather with them so maybe I can do the opposite and ride up bringing the SUN :please:

Did he just say 30s?

hopefully its 50s and up, just never know. nights can get down right cold, early mornings as well. If you get up to catch early breakfast and an early run over the dragon you definitely run the risk of having the thermometer saying 4x or 5x for the temps. That's ambient temp, then of course your blast down the road...even the 50s makes for a cold ride up to breakfast :laugh:

can be 15-20 degree difference in temp from Robbinsville to top of skyway....

can be 15-20 degree difference in temp from Robbinsville to top of skyway....

i think it was in 2007 when we pulled out of Robbinsville around 74 degrees and it was 42 at the top of the Skyway...there's nothing like working up a good sweat and having it try to freeze while rolling down your back :laugh:

Years ago, riding back from the Bash, we were so cold, we stopped just to warm our feet and hands and drink hot chocolate and coffee, then I watched my fellow travelers on Harleys line their clothing with plastic bags to try to keep the cold out :laugh: I vividly recall NOT wanting to get back on a Busa that day...it was beyond miserable. Other trips there, I wished it would pour just to cool things down :laugh:

Prepare for anything, that's the only suggestion I can offer...it's worth the trip! :thumbsup:

Did he just say 30s?

This should do it, just come like this and youll be ok Saiid

imagesCA2Z2N7U.jpg

Back