Sportech windshield

domestictuner

Donating Member
Registered
I am looking at the sport tech, V-flow black chrome windshield. Does anyone have one of the seethrough chrome ones? or just thoughts on the sportech line welcome.

My dealer threw in a Sportech windscreen with my busa when I bought it. I didn't care for it. It was the black chrome screen... no double bubble or v-flow, just standard height. The Zero Gravity DB I put on my busa and especially the PUIG DB that I've got on my 10R were both higher quality pieces. Just my $.02...
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109829446 -->

There are a few people here with 'em. I bought one while I was looking a while back, but then managed to find a PUIG which I really wanted. Think I will keep it as a spare for the time being. I think the only problem some had was a potential for melting the gauge cluster which was supposed to be fixed with V-Flow.

My son has a Sportech on his R6 and the fit is not as good as my Zero Gravity screen. The edges of the screen are flat instead of being stepped like the original screen or a ZG, so the screen does not fit flush with the opening for it in the fairing. Instead, it's recessed and looks very "aftermarket".

Ed

I have the blue chrome V-flow on Bessie and I love it. Sportech now puts mesh on the inside of the screen to difuse the light coming though to avoid melting guages. I like the fit and the look of the v-flow. just my .02

WOW~!!! a windscreen that will actually melt your guage cluster....sounde like sabotage to me.....But I guess it gives it that magnifying glass effect with the chrome and the shape of the screen and all....

I have the chrome v-flow and it did melt my gauges. I called Sportech and they sent me a new windshield and even paid for the repair of my gauges. Excellent customer service. By the way, I love the windshield. Looks great and now I can see the gauges.

Back