Sport Rider Tire Test Apr 2009 RESULTS

I've had many sets of the Michelins, both the 2CT and Road2's.

Love 'em.

Got a pair of the 016"s last fall at cycle gear when they were on sale for 199.95 for both. Got a few more miles to go on the original 015's but can't wait to put them on this spring.

Curious what bikes they used to test these tires on..

a gsxr 600 and a zx10
they used 180/55 for the 6 and 190/55 for all but the avon, where they didn't specify.
i totaled weight for the 190 combo
avon: 22.74
bs: 27.42
con 24.94
dun 25.42
met 24.70
mich 23.81
pir 22.70
interesting, you can save nearly 5 lbs with the right tire
wonder how much more a 190/50 weighs

Just curious in that issue and the issue before...which companies advertise tires?

Many of my friends are using 2ct,it may be my next tyre change.Would love to try the rosso too:laugh:

How soft is the 2ct? I need new front and rear. I burned through a set of Battleaxes in 3500 miles. I ride about 80 street and 20 twisties. Think these would be a good set for me? Also, is it 112 links for a new chain?

I frankly don't see the need for a PP2 (and) a PR2. If the sides are similarly sticky (same compound?) and the centers are the same, why two different models of essentially the same tire? They certainly look the same. I am running a PR2 on the rear and the sides are very sticky and the center strip is wearing very very well.

Sport Rider Tire Test Apr 2009 issue

Between these 8 tires here’s how they ranked (summary):
8th Continental ContiSport Attack..SR Rating 81.1

I absolutely love this tire. Works great for my riding and has excellent traction in the nasty weather I've been in. Can't wait to see how many miles it will make.

you know it is funny to see the $200 a set BT016 running ahead of all the $300+ per set tires..

What works well on a light weight Gixxer, must work BETTER on the ALL MIGHTY BUSA :thumbsup:
oooh burn... :) The weight on the tire thing on cars is amazingly important... figure bikes are at least as important if not more so.. what I did notice is that the order on the top tires is almost reversed of what I have heard from guys running the same tires on the Busa..

Last edited:
Too bad Bridgestone didn't send a set of 002RSs as well as the 016s.

The test was in the blind so the riders didn't know what they were riding on. Notice the top 4 tires.
Michelin, Bridgestone, Dunlop and Pirelli. The Big 4 in tires...

No surprise there :whistle:

Back