2nd Bridgestone BT-016............SR Rating 89.5
3rd Dunlop Qualifier................SR Rating 88.7
4th Pirelli Diablo Corsa III.........SR Rating 88.3
5th Metzler Sportec M3...........SR Rating 87.3
6th Avon VP2 Sport................SR Rating 86.5
7th Avon Viper Extreme............SR Rating 86.3
8th Continental ContiSport Attack..SR Rating 81.1

Last edited:
the line up will be different for each rider, the bike, type of track, weather, or street. You'll notice that different rags will end up with a different order. All of the tires these days seem pretty darn close to one another.

Based solely on their results, could the average rider go wrong with any of them???? Looks to me like you basically pick which profile and tread pattern you like and you got yourself a very good tire.

I'm currently involved in thoroughly testing the Michelin Pilot Road2 on the rear of my 06. When (and if) it ever wears out I'll report my findings.:thumbsup:

the line up will be different for each rider, the bike, type of track, weather, or street. You'll notice that different rags will end up with a different order. All of the tires these days seem pretty darn close to one another.

Exactly, infact, suspension changes and different bikes would make MAJOR changes to these results. Anyhow, they're for TRACK DAY and if your just a track day rider, any of these tires could handle the track better than YOU :laugh: . At least they can out perform ME :rofl:

Anyhow, they're for TRACK DAY and if your just a track day rider, any of these tires could handle the track better than YOU :laugh: . At least they can out perform ME :rofl:

Actually the article went into detail about that, and the manufacturers used to have just Race tires, and Street tires.
Then they had "regular street sport tires", meant for hard street use and a track day possibly thrown in.
Now they make a "regular sport tire" that can handle street/track with equal aplomb. (I'm out there, but I had to look up "aplomb". It is: composure, equanimity, imperturbability. So now you know?)

Anyway now (due to how we all ride IMO) they have labeled all these tires as equal on track and street, as long as you are not racing them.

Last edited:
Many of my friends are using 2ct,it may be my next tyre change.Would love to try the rosso too:laugh:

I have not seen the article but I'm curious as to who is writing the article now that Sport Rider's tire Guru "Andrew Trevitt" is laid up?

Been running the Michelins, hope the results weren't based on advertising dollars

I have not seen the article but I'm curious as to who is writing the article now that Sport Rider's tire Guru "Andrew Trevitt" is laid up?

The article was written by Kent Kunitsugu, with Kunitsugu and Trevitt doing the testing, and Lance Holst took over from Trevitt after his accident.

The tests were done blind, so which tires they were riding were not known to the testers.

Back