BT002RS tires and Sport Rider Magazine

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
Bridgstone has come out with BT002RS tires that I haven't heard about.  They're a hybrid between sport street tires and dot race tires.  BA BUSA tried them in Pahrump and liked them, so I ordered a set for $215 thru parts411.

I was curious what some "expert" opinions might think of them so I wrote Sport Rider mag this,
   As a subscriber, I enjoy reading Sport Rider.  I find the tire tests very informative and useful.  But I can't remember seeing you guys test the BT002RS tires.  They're not the DOT race tire BT002, but a hybrid that Bridgestone labels as trackday/supersport.  Please include these tires in your next tires test![/Quote]

They replied with this in 2 days,
Stay tuned. We just tried them on a pair of test bikes that will be featured in the next issue of SR, due to go on sale in late June.

KK[/Quote]

Wow!  I'm impressed that they actually read my email, replied to it and are actually already planning to write about them  
cool.gif

Not too bad for a magazine  
beerchug.gif

(proud dad @ Jun. 02 2007,14:11) How hard is the center of the tire?
All I have been able to find out so far is the front is a medium compound in the center and soft on the edges. The rear is all one compound, I'm guessing medium. Still trying to find out from the bridgestone guys, that and what PSI to run at the track.

you can dialog with those guys on their website's forum too if you ask intelligent questions

(WWJD @ Jun. 02 2007,19:47) you can dialog with those guys on their website's forum too if you ask intelligent questions
That's cool, it must keep them pretty busy.
beerchug.gif

Back