Speedohealer top speed button

mjn

Hillbilly Deluxe
Donating Member
Registered
I am installing my speedohealer. Where does everyone put the top speed button? I want it to look sanitary....no high school lookin install ya know!

Help a brother out!!!

hide it on left handlebar just under the clutch reservoir so you can hit it while moving just after a long run.

Thanx man....I'll look at that...

Goin' back out to the shop now...

Here's where I stuck mine...wire-tied to the clutch hose. Easy to reach and can barely be seen!

<!--EDIT|omslaw
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135133903 -->

Button1.jpg

I put the switches (red button to reset - black button to show max speed) on the right inner fairing (under the throttle).

Very cool Juggler! I don't have the ability to add a cancel switch.......planning on putting the unit in the hump...but it doesnt seem like I have enough wire length to get it there. The top speed button is plenty long, but the main connector isn't....maybe I am routing it wrong?

I'm not sure what version you have. I did some reading, and the new ones store the max speed in flash, so you can disconnect it from the power and it keeps the max speed.

Mine is a custom older (pre 2.0) model. With mine, if you lose power, you lose the reading. I wanted to be able to view and reset the max speed without having to go into the hum, so I interrupted the power wire and put in the switch (normally closed).

If you have a newer model (2.1 +), I'm not sure how you reset the max speed to zero. You may not want to (I did) in case I got pulled over by the police.

As a side note to those installing these Speedohealers, this came in kinda handy when I took it into service at the dealership (last time I used these guys).

When I picked up the bike, I displayed the max speed, and it showed 100mph. I had zeroed it out before I dropped it off. When I told the Service Manager that the mechanic had gone over 100mph, he didn't believe me. Brought him over, pressed the button, and showed him.

I told him that I didn't want to get anybody in trouble, but they need to be careful with peoples' bikes. He went over and bitched out the mechanic (young kid). BUSTED!

Anyway, another use...

hey dude, long time no chat, which dealership was that at
rock.gif

and are you coming to the bash in April
rock.gif

rock.gif

It was the Kawi/Suzuki dealership in Durham.

I would really LOVE to due the Busa bash and meet some of my Busa Brethren and Sisteren.
laugh.gif

I'll ping wifey about it tonight.

Back