SPEEDMETER

1127 TO 1299

Registered
I imported my 2001 busa from Canada.
But to get it registered I need a MPH speedometer.
Anyone as a cheap solution.
I would like to get one that indicates both units.

Thanks!

EBAY!
smile.gif

Lot of places for face plates. Do you want a different color or factory style gauge?

Check the For Sale section or see if someone with aftermarket gauges will sell/give you there factory stock face.

As for the yellow box: http://www.blackrobotics.com/

In case you didn't know you can't change the kilometers on the odometer. You will have to buy a US cluster if you want miles on the odometer.

Josh
cool.gif

Forgot about the install!

Depending on your mechanical skills shouldn't be more than about an hour for the yellow box and gauge face swap. If you go with indiglo gauges could be 2 hours since you need to take a little more time with the wireing.

Forgot about the install!

Depending on your mechanical skills shouldn't be more than about an hour for the yellow box and gauge face swap. If you go with indiglo gauges could be 2 hours since you need to take a little more time with the wireing.
Why would I need to reclibrate if I am only changing the face plate. Shouldn't the KM/h allign with mph (100km/h with 60mph (approx)

Thanks alot.

If you are swapping it out for another factory stock face, you should be fine but......

Most figure you want to swap back to the 99/00 220 MPH gauge face style and that requires the yellow box. Also if you plan to make any gearing changes in the future you will need the yellow box anyway so that's why everyone suggests it.

Josh
cool.gif

I'm about to order some indiglo lights for my 2001, so if you are interested in buying the stock ones let me know

Chaps,

just joined this thread.

I have an 03 ltd edition bike (my 4th busa!)

Can someone let me know where you can get 220 guages and how to fit them. I presume it's fairly straightforward fitting the yellow box/speedohealer??

cheers:)

Back